Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Combine Day Three (as it happens thread)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Just tuned in, who is the def. lineman who looks like a cross between Clubber Lang and Kimbo Slice? Badazz
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Might be Anthony Johnson of LSU.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I wonder if Aaron Donald could play 3-4 ILB on first down and then move to DT in our nickel/dime packages. His movement skills are really impressive.

I suggested this before in another post. Could he cut some weight and be the next Levon Kirkland. He is reported to be athletic, but I have to admit I've only seen him play once.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Clowney runs unofficial 4.47.

Ealy slower than I'd expect at 4.87.
    A DE who runs as fast as a WR and he won't be on our draft board because of our 3-4. And people want to know why our defense has slipped when we leave so much talent out of consideration while we take cahances on conversion projects that maybe pan out 50% of the time. Just plain dumb.

Want to rebuild this defense fast then have one where we can keep a constant flow of talent coming in and challenging for playing time because they are in their natural positions they have played all through college versus speculating on what they could be converted to.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Larry Webster runs a 4.62. He really dominated at the Shrine game. Showed quickness and bullrush ability. Some scouts like him as a TE as he is an ex-basketball guy. 6'6 250.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    A DE who runs as fast as a WR and he won't be on our draft board because of our 3-4. And people want to know why our defense has slipped when we leave so much talent out of consideration while we take cahances on conversion projects that maybe pan out 50% of the time. Just plain dumb.

Want to rebuild this defense fast then have one where we can keep a constant flow of talent coming in and challenging for playing time because they are in their natural positions they have played all through college versus speculating on what they could be converted to.
    He'll be on the Steeler draft board, but he'll be crossed off by the 5th pick in the draft. The Steelers could play a 34, 43, 52, 25, 11-0 or 0-11 defensive scheme they won't be getting Clowney unless they trade up to get him. The 34 isn't the problem.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chris Smith (ark) 4.5s and Marcus Smith 4.6s are possible conversion guys who ran well (unofficial). I like Chris Smith from Arkansas. He is very disruptive. That is a great time for a guy who normally plays at 260 pounds or so.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chris Smith (ark) 4.5s and Marcus Smith 4.6s are possible conversion guys who ran well (unofficial). I like Chris Smith from Arkansas. He is very disruptive. That is a great time for a guy who normally plays at 260 pounds or so.
    I was just thinking the same thing on Chris Smith, he looked good. I'll have to go back and watch some of his game tape.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Carrun Reid from Princeton is also very impressive. Great build with almost no body fat. Quick, fast, strong, athletic. Probably a little short for 3-4 DE, but he really stands out in the workout and drills.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chris Smith looks pretty good in the conversion drills. Can move backward fluidly and good change of direction.