Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Steelers Watch

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Thor... if we are a superbowl contender this year... then sure... you gotta have guys like a healthy Troy in your secondary. We are not contenders this year..
    Since it's obvious we are re building... well... there's my case for keeping lewis and allen.
    I had no problem with keeping Allen and Lewis. just giving reasons why we let them go. the salary cap was such a struggle this offseason. Keenan Lewis wanted to go to the Saints and it would have taken a heap to convince otherwise. Will Allen, I'm not sure of the reasoning, except maybe he wanted starter potential??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

by the way...I'll take a healthy will allen for 16 games over a Troy for 8 games any time.
    then we agree to disagree

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Why does Ike command top $$??
    Same thing as Troy. If we were truly rebuilding, why not cut Ike and his big salary loose, and use the $ to re-sign Keenan Lewis and maybe some O-line help?
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 09-08-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    then we agree to disagree
    a healthy will allen gives us solid production for the whole year... while freeing up several million dollars for that Franchise Left Tackle that is needed. As good as Troy is, he didn't win the game for us today. The offensive line is where it all starts...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Same thing as Troy. If we're truly rebuilding, why not cut Ike and his big salary loose, and use the $ to re-sign Keenan Lewis and maybe some O-line help?
    seems fairly cut and dry at this point in time, doesn't it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Lewis was born in New Orleans and wanted to go home to play for the Saints. Extra, freed up money wasn't going to make a difference with him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

a healthy will allen gives us solid production for the whole year... while freeing up several million dollars for that Franchise Left Tackle that is needed. As good as Troy is, he didn't win the game for us today. The offensive line is where it all starts...
    I agree, he didn't win the game for us today. And I also agree the o-line is where it all starts. what left tackle was available at the time pitts. drafted? A lot of people were pissed about the idea of drafting an off. lineman in april.. I was not one of them. they seemed to think there were too many high draft picks on the oline. We have to pay them regardless of position, was my take. I would have gladly taken Chance Wormack or even Jordan Mills in the later rounds. As for will allen vs troy, the dollars kept are well invested imo. I know TP usually doesn't last 16, but he's the one the FO chose to keep and I agree. His unspoken leadership and communication with ryan clark is hard to replace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't get too warm and fuzzy about Will Allen, he just gave up a really long TD, mainly because he didn't know the play, then got beat long.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Lewis was born in New Orleans and wanted to go home to play for the Saints. Extra, freed up money wasn't going to make a difference with him.
    Not what I heard...I heard he wanted to come back to the Steelers but they didn't even make him an offer.
    [url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1568838-apparently-keenan-lewis-wasnt-in-the-steelers-free-agency-plans-after-all[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace was unhappy today according to an ESPN.com report. wouldn't talk to reporters. said "ask coach" .....Coach said they double covered him over the top. Poor Mikey can't get deep every play!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!