Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals Release James Harrison

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    On his arms.....

"I'm sittin' on 20s" - Nice!!
    Harrison, and I didnt work the arms, today is legs day.
    Total access dude.....Those LOOK LIKE legs.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the real reason would be is because he knows the defense better.

and to go back to the point in last years draft... is why i dont want to see a #15 pick sitting on the bench for 2 years while he learns the defense.
    WTF is going on here??

its what is killing this team
    Simplify the D...

I still think you need to draft D early and often given our circumstances on D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the real reason would be is because he knows the defense better.

and to go back to the point in last years draft... is why i dont want to see a #15 pick sitting on the bench for 2 years while he learns the defense.
    WTF is going on here??

its what is killing this team
    I agree. We don't see enough of young plkayers in game situations to assess their long term viability before we have their rookie contract expiring.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

As for Harrison's comments that he would love to be back, I'd be all for a one year deal. At his age, there is no way that Harrison will play every down, and Jones will still get heavy snaps, similar to Timmons in his second year. You could also blitz James up the inside on passing downs, where his power is still effective, having Worilds, Jones and Harrison on the field.

This gives you depth and veteran leadership at a position that could use some of both.

Part of this is more an opinion as a fan than a purely rational/football related decision, but I'd enjoy seeing James play out a year and then retire.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Simplify the D...

exactly.

carolina drafts star and luke. they're playing right away and were a top defense. and they're not even close to the amount of high draft picks we have on defense

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kuechly has ESP when it comes to dissecting a play, lets not act like thats an every day quality in a rookie LB.

Mosely does have that potential, I just dont know, im very cautious about liking a bama defender anymore

Legend

User Info Menu

F' orget harisison. the guy talks about wanting to be in piitsburgh and all his friends, etc. he walked away from us and a rel nice contract because he thought he was gonna get paid. now after being tossed aside by the bengals, now all of as sudden he wants to come back. the guy just wants another payday from someone but is playing the 'come home' card.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    F' orget harisison. the guy talks about wanting to be in piitsburgh and all his friends, etc. he walked away from us and a rel nice contract because he thought he was gonna get paid. now after being tossed aside by the bengals, now all of as sudden he wants to come back. the guy just wants another payday from someone but is playing the 'come home' card.
    Its business... stop making it personal.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't blame Harrison for wanting to get paid or the Steelers for letting him walk. That's just the way things work out sometimes.

And does anyone here believe that James Harrison wouldn't give 100% on every down he plays?
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

Steelers purging age left and right from their defense so why in the world would they want Harrison back? ...

uh, they don't.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha