Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Bet Batch Starts vs Cleveland Next Week...

Legend

User Info Menu

From Peter King's Column today. We may not see Ben suit up until the Cowboys or even Bengals game.

Roethlisberger has no sense when he'll be able to return. But according to Dr. Clark Fuller, the director of Thoracic Surgery at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica, Calif., Roethlisberger has to be careful about returning too soon because of damage it can do to nerves in the right shoulder and arm, major blood vessels in the area, and, as Roethlisberger admitted last week, the aorta around the heart.

"This is not about being a tough guy,'' said Fuller, who has neither examined Roethlisberger nor seen his X-rays or scans. So he made it clear he was speaking generally about the dislocation of the first rib, which is connected to the breast bone on one side and the spine on the other. A throwing motion, he said, would not allow the rib to heal, and he would not recommend it any time soon. "Playing football with a dislocated first rib would put you at severe risk. There are many things to be concerned about, including destroying the nerves in the arm.''

Fuller said he thought Roethlisberger would miss a minimum of four weeks. "I do remember their coach, Mike Tomlin, not allowing that safety [Ryan Clark] to play in altitude in Denver because of his sickle-cell disease,'' Fuller said. "That is a good sign, to me. I believe he won't risk the health of Roethlisberger."

Read More: [URL]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/19/week-11/index.html#ixzz2Cgy468Lt[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow, if you think what might have happened to Ben on the play is just horrible. Knowing what Ben is like and always trying to get the job done, he's lucky he didn't try to go back and play some more.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Ben knew something was seriously wrong. You know that feeling you get when you just KNOW something isn't right. Otherwise he probably would have tried to come back in.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Ben needs to sit out thge rest of the year, so be it.
    He is the franchise at this point and the way this team is collectively playing right now, all i can think is 1 and done.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree pittpete and besides that, if he needs to sit out/retire or anyone for that matter to assure good health for their future then I say go for it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    If Ben needs to sit out thge rest of the year, so be it.
    He is the franchise at this point and the way this team is collectively playing right now, all i can think is 1 and done.
    100% yes to this. Too many pieces are missing to rush Ben back and risk a career threatening injury. If we don't beat the Ravens in two weeks, just rest Ben for the rest of the season and let him enjoy the new baby and middle of the night feedings.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    100% yes to this. Too many pieces are missing to rush Ben back and risk a career threatening injury. If we don't beat the Ravens in two weeks, just rest Ben for the rest of the season and let him enjoy the new baby and middle of the night feedings.
    I agree X 3 or X 4 or what ever the count is up to now

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Batch to start vs Browns.... per NFL Network

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Batch to start vs Browns.... per NFL Network

And we will win too. We would have won with him against the Ravens. You guys should know by now I never stick my neck out with a positive prediction. Batch is one of the best backups in the league. Even if his phone number is 3.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    ...and should have finished the last quarter of this game. I applaud Lefty's effort, but you got to exit when you cant put any juice on the ball. Coaches need to step in too. Cleveland lost a heart breaker to Dallas today and they always get up for us. It'll be a tough win.
    If he doesn't get hurt during practice, he'll start. More concerned about whether he'll finish. At least he can audible into plays to counter overload blitz sets on the defense.