Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Main Reason for disappointing season - Mike Tomlin

Rookie

User Info Menu

Belichick didn't design the offense. Charlie Weis did. The McDaniels and O'Briens of the staff just built upon that...

Why hasn't the Charlie Weis offense experienced such success anywhere else? No Tom Brady, that's why...

Belichick designs defense. How awesome have his defenses been?

What happens to the Patriots when they play a team that can stop them from scoring at will? They lose two SBs to the Giants....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I agree. And yes, Thomas Edison was a failed inventor for most of his life. It matters not that BB didn't have all the answers in his first stint as head coach (although he did get Cleveland to the play offs - something that almost never happens ever since the Kosar era). It has been proven that good coaches do make a difference. To deny that is ridiculous.
    Belichick didn't win before Brady. Cowher didn't win before Ben. Coughlin didn't win before Eli.

Steve Spagnuolo coached an amazingly effective D in NY....in NO, his D set a record for yards allowed...

Coaches are important. Just not nearly as important as the performance of the players....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Oh, BTW, Barry Switzer won a SB and George Allen did not....

Who was the better coach? Who had the better players?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Belichick didn't win before Brady. Cowher didn't win before Ben. Coughlin didn't win before Eli.

Steve Spagnuolo coached an amazingly effective D in NY....in NO, his D set a record for yards allowed...

Coaches are important. Just not nearly as important as the performance of the players....
    This!

Ben flat out single handedly saved Cowher's legacy in the 2005 playoffs.

Rookie

User Info Menu

When the Steelers lost XXX, should Cowher have coached O'Donnell not to throw INTs?

Starter

User Info Menu

No. Head coaches don't win games. Players do. If head coaches won games, "genius" Belichick would have had SB rings in Cleveland....
    Then let Ben call all of his own plays since it's gonna be on him to win or lose anyhow.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Then let Ben call all of his own plays since it's gonna be on him to win or lose anyhow.
    In all of the games after he came back, he just did what he wanted anyway...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I always pictured you in a Dick Lebeau jersey every Sunday
    You are obviously heavily indulging in controlled substances. As much as many want to characterize me as a "LeBeau hater" because it is easy I always thought LeBeau was great until about 2-3 years ago when he clearly demonstrated he would not modify or adjust his defense as apparent weaknesses and lack of depth appeared. IMO he is in a rut and can't get out of his comfort zone.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Belichick didn't design the offense. Charlie Weis did. The McDaniels and O'Briens of the staff just built upon that...

Why hasn't the Charlie Weis offense experienced such success anywhere else? No Tom Brady, that's why...

Belichick designs defense. How awesome have his defenses been?

What happens to the Patriots when they play a team that can stop them from scoring at will? They lose two SBs to the Giants....
    His defenses haven't been awesome because they don't need to be to win in todays NFL. Billicheat is smart enough to know having a #1 D and 8 losses isn't anything to brag about. Their D isn't anywhere near as bad as the stats would lead you to believe. They get TO's too... a lot of them.

I don't care who the OC is/was or will be.... Billicheat runs the show and is smart enough to hire OC's who get the most out of the players they have.

...and pointing out losses in SB's doesn't really help your argument.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You are obviously heavily indulging in controlled substances. As much as many want to characterize me as a "LeBeau hater" because it is easy I always thought LeBeau was great until about 2-3 years ago when he clearly demonstrated he would not modify or adjust his defense as apparent weaknesses and lack of depth appeared. IMO he is in a rut and can't get out of his comfort zone.
    It's Tomlin's job to get Lebeau out of a rut if he is truly in one... but ummm, the D wasn't the problem this year.