Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopefully, This Puts Some Fire In Our Bellies

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully, This Puts Some Fire In Our Bellies

You know what I mean? Eye of the Tiger stuff. Get hungry for another run. Watching our bitter rivals bask in the spotlight of the Super Bowl should light a fire in this team. We had a good run and got our fill. The Rats watched us go on to Stardom and Fame, and they got hungrier and hungrier. I think it's time to reload and retake the crown folks, hopefully watching RayRay dance in the Super Bowl will rekindle that fire in our players and hone some focus in their undisciplined minds next season.

LET'S GO!

-Joos out

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There has to be a mindset and a desire to take the steps nessasary to make a run, which includes off season training to be prepared.
    There were circumstances that prevented the Steelers from making a run this season, we know injuries was one but we can't use that as an excuse.

1. Wallace holding out, coming in late not knowing the full playbook.

2. Secondary giving up big plays of the opposition earlier in the season.

3. Receivers not getting open, or when they were dropped too many passes.

4. Penalties that killed drives and undiciplined mistakes that cost us from moving the chains and scoring opportunities.

5. A running game where your so called lead back looking to come out after two plays, the projected starter Mendenhall injured early but never made any good impact when he was able.

6. Ben, injured or not you don't throw that pass in Cincy that cost us a playoff, and the Dallas game before that.

7. Playing at home against San Diego and NOT READY TO PLAY, even after a great win against Baltimore they were flat and didn't seem to care.

#7 bothers me the most, you have a great opportunity to help your chances of a playoff appearance and you don't show up, thats on the players AND the coaches.

Yeah, you would think they all will be hungry to reverse what happened this season, but its going to take more than that. We have issues with the cap, who we sign and release and hope we hit the jack pot in the draft.
    Folks, the Steelers have a big challenge ahead like we haven't seen in years, my hope is they will meet that challenge and try to improve from this underachieving season.

To be the best you have to make sacrifices and work your tail off to get better. Case in point, not to point him out alone as there are others on this team but clearly Woodley wasn't in the best shape he could be in when he started the season. That hurt us, especially with JH missing for the first quarter of the season on account of in jury.

Our O-line players need more conditioning training, I can't see how one unit could have so many injuries three years in a row, something is wrong.

I'm looking forward to the draft, hope we hit it good and hope the front office makes the right decisions in this off season, after that its all speculation what this team will look like next season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Woodley better be at Tom Shaw all offseason with Ike.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    There has to be a mindset and a desire to take the steps nessasary to make a run, which includes off season training to be prepared.
    There were circumstances that prevented the Steelers from making a run this season, we know injuries was one but we can't use that as an excuse.

1. Wallace holding out, coming in late not knowing the full playbook.

2. Secondary giving up big plays of the opposition earlier in the season.

3. Receivers not getting open, or when they were dropped too many passes.

4. Penalties that killed drives and undiciplined mistakes that cost us from moving the chains and scoring opportunities.

5. A running game where your so called lead back looking to come out after two plays, the projected starter Mendenhall injured early but never made any good impact when he was able.

6. Ben, injured or not you don't throw that pass in Cincy that cost us a playoff, and the Dallas game before that.

7. Playing at home against San Diego and NOT READY TO PLAY, even after a great win against Baltimore they were flat and didn't seem to care.

#7 bothers me the most, you have a great opportunity to help your chances of a playoff appearance and you don't show up, thats on the players AND the coaches.

Yeah, you would think they all will be hungry to reverse what happened this season, but its going to take more than that. We have issues with the cap, who we sign and release and hope we hit the jack pot in the draft.
    Folks, the Steelers have a big challenge ahead like we haven't seen in years, my hope is they will meet that challenge and try to improve from this underachieving season.

To be the best you have to make sacrifices and work your tail off to get better. Case in point, not to point him out alone as there are others on this team but clearly Woodley wasn't in the best shape he could be in when he started the season. That hurt us, especially with JH missing for the first quarter of the season on account of in jury.

Our O-line players need more conditioning training, I can't see how one unit could have so many injuries three years in a row, something is wrong.

I'm looking forward to the draft, hope we hit it good and hope the front office makes the right decisions in this off season, after that its all speculation what this team will look like next season.
    Our OL neeeds more talent not just more condiditioning
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

A guy in Wallace' position does one of two things. He either sells out on every play seeking that huge contract that will come with a monster season, or he plays soft and avoids contact in order to be healthy enough to sign a big contract in the off-season. We know which way he went.

Way too many ST penalties that negate returns and start us in a hole.

Players who celebrate the mundane like it is a Super Bowl victory. Catching a 6 yard pass on second and five is not worthy of a parade.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess what irks me the most is the lack of fire and focus. Baltimore played through a large assortment of injuries as well, but they just WANTED it more. It showed in their effort, sure they're not perfect, but they WANTED it and they went out and played like they wanted it.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One thing I have noticed is it seems that three quarters of the catches by WR's are being made with a DB right on them in coverage and the only reason the catch is made is the WR will go up and take the football away from the DB by out jumping, out physicalling, the DB. Our WR were about as unphysical as you can get. We need a little more of the muscular basketball player type, and less of the skinny track stars. You take Torrey Smith and Boldin and look at them compared to our scrawny WR's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    One thing I have noticed is it seems that three quarters of the catches by WR's are being made with a DB right on them in coverage and the only reason the catch is made is the WR will go up and take the football away from the DB by out jumping, out physicalling, the DB. Our WR were about as unphysical as you can get. We need a little more of the muscular basketball player type, and less of the skinny track stars. You take Torrey Smith and Boldin and look at them compared to our scrawny WR's.
    True, they made Flacco look good several times this season.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    True, they made Flacco look good several times this season.
    LOL... I think Flacco made them look just as good. Whether we want to admit it or not he is building an impressive resume and backing up his talk on the field.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Flacco had great protection thru the playoffs. He has receivers that can get the ball for him, we dont.