Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 more selections til...Martavis Bryant!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

There has to be some kind of middle ground in-between "everything this team does is perfect" and you...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Very.

This is a great pick. The most he has to do is beat out Moye and Brown to make the squad.

Then it's Antonio Brown, Moore, Wheaton, Heyward-Bey and Bryant.

I think that happens.
    He won't beat out Moye or Brown. He can't catch the ball, he is stiff and not a good route runner. That is a boat load of problems.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    And maybe the BEST and most respected NFL Scout...Frank Cooney...has Bryant as his 80th best player in this draft. That's a middle 3rd round talent son. Yes, he needs to show more consistency. But you posting that one weakness report does not make you right boy. I mean you want me to post what some scouts said about us drafting Antonio Brown in round 6 ?? And what his weaknesses were ?

And I bet you were all over the Antonio selection...saying it Sucked as well. Please Boy. Leave the draft, and the evaluating to us BIG GUYS here on the board...Okay ? Now, go and get some Ice Cream now.
    I had no strong feelings about the AB pick because IT WAS A SIXTH ROUND PICK and those are always long shots so I didn't really care or know anything about him. So you are WRONG. Now, wasting 3rd and 4th round picks is far more disturbing, on a team with so many holes. You can't F--k around with a team this depleted; you need to make shrewd picks at least 1-4. They haven't.

Starter

User Info Menu

Neither of those two have done much since they have been in Pittsburgh. Bryant has the bigger upside. One gets cut and Bryant makes the squad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    He won't beat out Moye or Brown. He can't catch the ball, he is stiff and not a good route runner. That is a boat load of problems.
    I agree with you that he is not a shoe-in to make the roster let alone become a successful NFL WR for us. And while it is said he can't catch (from what I've seen, he's got Mike Wallace-type ball skills--over the shoulder catcher as opposed to a hands-catcher), and he probably runs routes like Wallace too (i.e. not very good), he isn't "stiff". McShay was comparing his ranginess and hips to AJ Green.

Rookie

User Info Menu

...you need to make shrewd picks at least 1-4. They haven't.
    Most people, not just those on this board, disagree with you...who should I believe?

Backup

User Info Menu

I had no strong feelings about the AB pick because IT WAS A SIXTH ROUND PICK and those are always long shots so I didn't really care or know anything about him. So you are WRONG. Now, wasting 3rd and 4th round picks is far more disturbing, on a team with so many holes. You can't F--k around with a team this depleted; you need to make shrewd picks at least 1-4. They haven't.

Even though almost EVERY Scout had Archer and Bryant as 3rd rounder ? That makes them ALL wrong...and you ALL RIGHT ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    at this point (4th round)

great risk/reward pick
    I don't understand why? He was chased into the draft because under-class-man were starting to get the balls that were being thrown his way, to them instead. He has top-end speed....and, that's it. He double clutches a lot of balls, that should have been caught cleanly. He runs sloppy routes. He is unfocused. He will not find himself open on the NFL level. And he celebrates too much after simply making a 1st down. Pgh isn't into that kind of player.

Legend

User Info Menu

You must be a blast at parties. Are you ever happy? Ignore list in 3,2,1

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

sick beats: are you just regurgitating what you've read somewhere or did you actually see him play three or four games?