Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Challenge to the Planet Steeler Community.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Post A Challenge to the Planet Steeler Community.....

Dear Planet Steeler members,

These first two games have been difficult to watch. There is much blame to be shared in the organization. This could be a long and frustrating season. As a coping mechanism, lets all raise the bar on the quality of our posts. Lets make this place better. I have read several thoughtful, articulate arguments and thoughts this week. But, like the Steelers, there is still a lot of room for improvement. We can up the ante a bit if each poster tries to raise the level of discourse with more reflection, thoughtful analysis, and creative suggestions. In short, less flaming, harping, and crying, and instead, more open-minded polite, yet spirited and intelligent conversations. I don't expect a utopian football discussion, but we could make our commiserations more fruitful and perhaps even find a few silver linings.

Thanks for reading,
    steelblood
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Dear Planet Steeler members,

These first two games have been difficult to watch. There is much blame to be shared in the organization. This could be a long and frustrating season. As a coping mechanism, lets all raise the bar on the quality of our posts. Lets make this place better. I have read several thoughtful, articulate arguments and thoughts this week. But, like the Steelers, there is still a lot of room for improvement. We can up the ante a bit if each poster tries to raise the level of discourse with more reflection, thoughtful analysis, and creative suggestions. In short, less flaming, harping, and crying, and instead, more open-minded polite, yet spirited and intelligent conversations. I don't expect a utopian football discussion, but we could make our commiserations more fruitful and perhaps even find a few silver linings.

Thanks for reading,
    steelblood
    a win will do wonders for the board..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why wait for that?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why wait for that?
    because it's hard to celebrate losses.

NFL.. not for long. Gotta win. The fact that we are still on here shows we care.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dear Planet Steeler members,lets all raise the bar
    Lets just all go to the bar
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Why wait for that?
    No reason...

Some people just enjoy whining...

Legend

User Info Menu

that's stupid. why would we do that?

j/k...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    that's stupid. why would we do that?

j/k...
    Now that's raising the bar like a true Steeler fan, way to go SOD.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Now that's raising the bar like a true Steeler fan, way to go SOD.

Pappy
    i know, right!? it was everything he said DON'T do - lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree. One of the things I always liked about this board was the thoughtful conversation. That's why I joined it instead of others.