Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunshine Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been on board with getting another TE long before 2 TEs were in vogue. I think I've had a first round TE in at least one of my mock drafts every year.

I'd even argue it's one of our biggest needs. Specific positions don't matter as much as improving your team. 2 key areas need to improve. 1. Red Zone efficiency and 2. Pressuring the QB

Take the best players on the board that can help accomplish 1 and 2 and the draft will be a success. Heck, I'd be ok with drafting 2 TEs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Hey Ov. Is this what you think they will do or what you would like?
    What I would like. Come April, I'm sure they will enrich the defense early
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I've been on board with getting another TE long before 2 TEs were in vogue. I think I've had a first round TE in at least one of my mock drafts every year.

I'd even argue it's one of our biggest needs. Specific positions don't matter as much as improving your team. 2 key areas need to improve. 1. Red Zone efficiency and 2. Pressuring the QB

Take the best players on the board that can help accomplish 1 and 2 and the draft will be a success. Heck, I'd be ok with drafting 2 TEs.

That was essentially my thinking. Everyone automatically equates receiver to WR. Not me. Who was our leading receiver last year? A player like Ertz or Eifert would be worth a Round 1 pick. Great if we can trade down but we talk that every year and it rarely happens. Both of the TEs mentioned would be impact players in Year 1. Isn't that what we want from a Round 1 pick?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That was essentially my thinking. Everyone automatically equates receiver to WR. Not me. Who was our leading receiver last year? A player like Ertz or Eifert would be worth a Round 1 pick. Great if we can trade down but we talk that every year and it rarely happens. Both of the TEs mentioned would be impact players in Year 1. Isn't that what we want from a Round 1 pick?
    Why yes, sir, it is!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hypothetically, let's say we do lose/not re-sign Starks, Hampton, Harrison, Wallace, Mendenhall, Colon, Lewis, which is certainly possible ALL could be the case. With that understanding, do you STILL go with TE in round 1? I understand the possible value of a play making TE, but imagine the larger holes we will have considering who we will be losing. I say take the absolute best possible producer but with the exception of QB, TE, C and that's about it. Every other position could be in play round 1. At 17, we could still nab a difference maker.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Hypothetically, let's say we do lose/not re-sign Starks, Hampton, Harrison, Wallace, Mendenhall, Colon, Lewis, which is certainly possible ALL could be the case. With that understanding, do you STILL go with TE in round 1? I understand the possible value of a play making TE, but imagine the larger holes we will have considering who we will be losing. I say take the absolute best possible producer but with the exception of QB, TE, C and that's about it. Every other position could be in play round 1. At 17, we could still nab a difference maker.
    However, a TE is good for production in the passing game AND production in the passing game if you get the right one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Only 2 wr under contract and with the safety issues, I serious doubt that the first pick will not be the Texas safety or the two wr's from TN or Cal. I'm so sure that I'm willing to take bets. If either three is there I bet 100 dollars guaranteed. lol
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Only 2 wr under contract and with the safety issues, I serious doubt that the first pick will not be the Texas safety or the two wr's from TN or Cal. I'm so sure that I'm willing to take bets. If either three is there I bet 100 dollars guaranteed. lol
    Might be right about the Safety, but not the Texas one.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

When we draft for need in the 1st round and not the BPA we'll become the Browns.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sunny and high 70s must mean it is time for yet another mock draft

Round 1: Zach Ertz, TE, 6’6” 252lbs, Stanford
    Round 2: Barrett Jones, OL, 6’5” 302lbs, Alabama
    Round 3: DJ Swearinger, S, 5’11” 210 lbs. South Carolina
    Round 4: Jonathan Bostic, ILB, 6’ 1” 245lbs, Florida
    Round 5: Ray Graham, RB 5’9” 192lbs, Pitt
    Round 6: Aaron Mellete, WR, 6’3” 216lbs, Elon
    Round 7: Collin Klein, QB, 6’ 5” 218lbs, K State
    That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.