Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wexell: STEELERS ECSTATIC ABOUT TUITT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    What are your thoughts on Cam Thomas ending up starting at NT?
    I don't know enough about him to have much of an opinion, other than to say I am glad we appear to have a little depth at NT this year. With Tuitt, I find this as great news, because even if he is lost now, if he is in shape, has the athletic ability AND the work ethic (which it appears he has all 3) then it's a simply matter of him getting reps and he will become a monster. I know it's easy to wear rose colored glasses this time of year, but I most certainly am feeling bullish about this team for 2014.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I honestly don't think cam is a great fit for DE, size wise sure but lateral mobility he really lacks in. I like him much better at NT because he's very strong and really tough to move

Legend

User Info Menu

Sorry, not buying that the Steelers are really "ecstatic" over Tuitt. If they were, instead of having him behind Cam Heyward on their depth chart, he'd be the starter on the other end, instead of Herpes Thomas, a NT trying to play DE. I'm sure they are "happy" with Tuitt...but "ecstatic" is a whole 'nother level, and they ain't there with him yet, IMO.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 08-03-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would suggest the Steelers place Babyzilla at NT and have Tuitt opposite of Heyward..but my opinions mean nothing to the Steelers.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    I would suggest the Steelers place Babyzilla at NT and have Tuitt opposite of Heyward..but my opinions mean nothing to the Steelers.
    Yeah but your opinion is important to us!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Sorry, not buying that the Steelers are really "ecstatic" over Tuitt. If they were, instead of having him behind Cam Heyward on their depth chart, he'd be the starter on the other end, instead of Herpes Thomas, a NT trying to play DE. I'm sure they are "happy" with Tuitt...but "ecstatic" is a whole 'nother level, and they ain't there with him yet, IMO.
    Depth charts, especially those released BEFORE the first preseason game is even played, mean nothing.

According to Wexell, Tomlin let him know he wasn't real happy with him writing that article about how privately excited that are about Tuitt. That alone tells you that they really are psyched, but just don't want the young pup to ease up at all. Still want to push and push, and not let him feel satisfied quite yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Depth charts, especially those released BEFORE the first preseason game is even played, mean nothing.

According to Wexell, Tomlin let him know he wasn't real happy with him writing that article about how privately excited that are about Tuitt. That alone tells you that they really are psyched, but just don't want the young pup to ease up at all. Still want to push and push, and not let him feel satisfied quite yet.
    Hope you're right.

Didn't sound as though Mitchell was quite as effusive in his praise as MT, though.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Hope you're right.

Didn't sound as though Mitchell was quite as effusive in his praise as MT, though.
    You're exactly right. Mitchell is the drill sgt who breaks em down. Coach Tomlin is the one who builds em up.

There's no reason to write this article unless that's exactly what he's been hearing behind the scenes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mitchell hates young players in general

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Mitchell hates young players in general
    I thought it was Dick Lebeau that hates young players and won't start them because of his preference to go with the old and slow veterans? Now, I'm all confused.