Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    That isn't how it works. It's the one game where he played against the big boys of the SEC who are the closest thing to NFL talent. IMO he should have played in the Senior Bowl....
    The thing that cracks me up is we talk about how bad he played in the Championship game (and I admit he didnt play great), but he still had 10 tackles (total), in that game. And that get's lost because he was under so much scrutiny. He had to dominate or he was going to be criticized. If him getting 10 tackles is the result of him having a poor performance, then the NFL is in for a treat should he put it all together at the next level.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If they drafted Minter, they'd get big Foote this year.
    The way you put it flippy, I say draft him. I'd love to have this beast manning the middle:

ana-bigfoot2.jpg
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 02-26-2013 at 03:25 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    The thing that cracks me up is we talk about how bad he played in the Championship game (and I admit he didnt play great), but he still had 10 tackles (total), in that game. And that get's lost because he was under so much scrutiny. He had to dominate or he was going to be criticized. If him getting 10 tackles is the result of him having a poor performance, then the NFL is in for a treat should he put it all together at the next level.
    He had 3 solo tackles... and it was the tackles he didn't make that made him look so bad.

He missed tackles that extended drives which gave him more chances to jump on the pile and get an assist.

I'm not an expert on ILB stats but he had 8 games with 3 or less SOLO tackles. Is that a cause for concern? Who knows...

He also said the combine was exhausting and it's why he didn't run in the 4.5- 4.6 like he usually does. Not a good answer IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Dont agree. I actually watched it. Other than his 40 T'eo was very solid in his drills. Had a better 20 yard shuttle and a 3 cone drill cone than your boy Alec Ogletree. And again for me that is a better barometer for and ILB than a 40 yard dash is.
    Most analysts disagree with you. He has been marked a clear loser and has likely hurt his draft stock significantly. I wouldn't be shocked if he fell to us in the second.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Most analysts disagree with you. He has been marked a clear loser and has likely hurt his draft stock significantly. I wouldn't be shocked if he fell to us in the second.
    ..and Shawn post some of those concerns. Most are basing that on one thing...his 40 time. Everything else says differently. A 4.27 20 shuttle is pretty good (better than Ogletree, Dion Jordan, Ansah, Mingo, and Sio Moore). And his 3 cone and 60 yard shuttle were above average as well.

But I get it, it's just like one game. People will judge based on one game and one 40 yard dash.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    ...and I dont know about most analysts but the two who were on the field yesterday (Mike Mayock and Willie McGinnest), both said they thought he did well in his drills.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am almost willing to guarantee we will not be taking an ILB at pick 17.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I am almost willing to guarantee we will not be taking an ILB at pick 17.
    You are probably right. I am not saying the Steelers are going to do this. I am saying I would have no problem drafting T'eo and Minter at 17.

Legend

User Info Menu

The problem with Manti is timing... his last game was awful, didnt play in the senior bowl, had the hoax and then had a sub par 40. Most peole would like to see something positive.

We are talking about a guy who won all these awards and finished second in the Heisman. Since that day its been all down hill. Not sure why a person shouldnt be skeptical given how things are playing out. Most guys who finish second in voting and have all this press show a little more than Manti has thus far.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-26-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The problem with Manti is timing... his last game was awful, didnt play in the senior bowl, had the hoax and then had a sub par 40. Most peole would like to see something positive.

We are talking about a guy who won all these awards and finished second in the Heisman. Since that day its been all down hill. Not sure why a person shouldnt be skeptical given how things are playing out. Most guys who finish second in voting and have all this press show a little more than Manti has thus far.
    This is an amazingly accurate & valid observation. Cuts right to the heart of what people are worried about concerning Te'o.

It's not that he can't play. But right now, it's like all the cracks are being exposed.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE