Thread: Appreciate the HOF QB we have people

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know why people get so upset when it is pointed out that Ben has deficiencies. Every QB has them. That includes Montana, Brady, Peyton, Brees, Bart Star, Bradshaw, etc. They all have their own style and way of getting things done. What sets them apart is their teams generally win when these guys are the QB.

Football is a team game and just because you lose doesn't make it the fault of the QB. You look at last year's SB and if Welker hangs on to a very catchable pass the Patriots win. If our defense doesn't play great against a juggernaut Indy offense back in 2005 we don't win the SB that year. That's not to say Ben played bad. He didn't ... he played great but he needed help. It takes talent, team work and some luck to win the SB. All of the QBs I mentioned have talent in abundance. They don't always have the team or the luck to win it all.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't know why people get so upset when it is pointed out that Ben has deficiencies. Every QB has them. That includes Montana, Brady, Peyton, Brees, Bart Star, Bradshaw, etc.
    I hardly think Brady's deficiencies rank anywhere on the level as BB's. It's not even close. Brady is a stone cold killer, with killer quick reading of defenses and surgical accuracy. Ben is back there wearing farmer bib jeans, playing intramural sports in the flag frat league with a keg on the sidelines.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I hardly think Brady's deficiencies rank anywhere on the level as BB's. It's not even close. Brady is a stone cold killer, with killer quick reading of defenses and surgical accuracy.
    On this we can agree. That said, Brady is also one of the top 5 QB's who has ever played in the NFL. He's gonna make Ray Ray cry. A lot.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    On this we can agree. That said, Brady is also one of the top 5 QB's who has ever played in the NFL. He's gonna make Ray Ray cry. A lot.
    Yea, he will pile up points it would seem. But, the Ravens are playing inspired, no quit ball. I can't believe they found a way to win the Denver game. That was extraordinary. Ravens had the Pats beat last year, with a dropped TD pass for the win, and then a missed chip shot FG for the tie. I definitely am leaning towards NE winning, but you never know for sure.