Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th Pick in Draft

Legend

User Info Menu

9th Pick in Draft

Currently we'd have the #9 pick in the draft. Wonder who we could realistically get?

The way we're playing, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we end up with an even higher pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

We play Cin., GB, and Cle. We could lose all 3 or at best win 2...I see us finishing 6-10. We will pick 8th overall.

I hope we get a OT or a shut down corner. Jake Matthews would be great, but I doubt he makes it out of the top 5.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Mr. Roger Goodell might have something to say about this....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Currently we'd have the #9 pick in the draft. Wonder who we could realistically get?

The way we're playing, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we end up with an even higher pick.
    Definitely looking at a top 10 pick. As far as a position that we could realistically draft, there are so many needs... my first thought is Left Tackle, but I am really curious to see what happens in the off season with the Offensive Linemen who are currently there... Velasco and Levi Brown in particular. I know Brown was a high 1st round pick. Is he the type of guy that could blossom late in his career (like a Max Starks)? I'm sure the talent is there.

I like Kelvin Beachum. The guy is not flashy, but has become a solid/versatile player for us. I think he is a much better prospect at LT than either Adams or Gilbert. As bad as the O-Line was early, I think they had improved tremendously (up until the injuries).

At a glance, the next position would appear to be ILB, but that could largely depend on Shawn Spence. He was very close to being activated this season, so I would assume he is going to be close to 100% in the summer. I am rooting for this guy big time.

You could look at any number of positions I guess, and it very well my come down to best player available. Would love to find a 6'5" receiver (like the kid from Texas A&M).. but I think we have bigger needs at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

was it ever determined if we lost a pick?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    There was a report today that said that "sources" in the NFL said that we will.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    NFL Network had a report out that we're losing one.

Legend

User Info Menu

The pick we "may" lose will be a late round pick according to sources
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    The pick we "may" lose will be a late round pick according to sources
    Good. I'd hate to lose an early pick when we were already short on picks because of the draft day trade they made with Cleveland.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow.. last I had heard we weren't going to lose a pick.