Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger: "We're the worst team in the league"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LeBeauLand View Post
    Ben, broken, defeated, beaten.

Just like Rooney wanted when he fired BA.

Haley will be rewarded for his job well done when he's the next head coach of this football team.
    Your smoking crack... Troll

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    sanders was WIDE OPEN for 3 seconds before Ben chose to throw it. He was greedy and bypassed the easy connection looking further downfield. When nothing more was there he threw it, but by then the defender was there.

You could say he got a little greedy, I would agree. But thats not necessarily related to the interception. Ben was leading Sanders in and Sanders began to head that way.

THEN Sanders got this bright Idea to run the other way. The pass goes to the wrong spot.

Once Sanders followed Ben inside thats where the throw should have went, and on those premises it was a perfect throw.

Then sanders stupidly cuts outside in a manner of which I can't comprehend. INT. I won't fault Ben with the throw one bit.

Starter

User Info Menu

You're a douche bag.

Haley will be rewarded for his job well done when he's the next head coach of this football team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    You could say he got a little greedy, I would agree. But thats not necessarily related to the interception. Ben was leading Sanders in and Sanders began to head that way.

THEN Sanders got this bright Idea to run the other way. The pass goes to the wrong spot.

Once Sanders followed Ben inside thats where the throw should have went, and on those premises it was a perfect throw.

Then sanders stupidly cuts outside in a manner of which I can't comprehend. INT. I won't fault Ben with the throw one bit.
    I understand all that. Just saying he was wide open on the called route and not on the backyard football route. QB throws the F'n ball on the called route then it is an easy completion and the chains keep moving. Maybe Ben's adlib BS is part of the issue here where the WR and him look to not be on the same page.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post

And lets not forget Sanders throwing his arms up in frustration instead of trying to tackle the guy with the football. These guys are on another planet, just not doing the basics.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think he meant to say we have the worst left tackle in the league. What a big, fat, slow marshmellow. Ben needs to grab that guy by the face mask and rip into him. Embarassing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    And lets not forget Sanders throwing his arms up in frustration instead of trying to tackle the guy with the football. These guys are on another planet, just not doing the basics.
    That was crazy... play through the whistle.

It seems like our WR's aren't practicing the improve like they used to do with Ben when BA was here. Ben used to break the pocket and we knew something good was happening... now he breaks the pocket and half the throws are 5 yards off target.

I also wish Ben would run for a few of those 1st downs on 3rd and 3... he left a few plays on the field with some of those throws..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I had forgotten about that. It was 'king incredible to see. ???

For that reason, and that reason alone, if I were Tomlin I would bench him for at least a quarter next game. Send a signal, besides being appropriate for the situation at hand.

And I would tell Brown ... any post-catch, Stonio-like grandstanding in a game that we are not winning by more than two scores, the same fate awaits him. You are either focused 100% on the team (like Heath), or you are focused on yourself and your self-perceived faux glory. We are not smart enough to do both.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I had forgotten about that. It was 'king incredible to see. ???

For that reason, and that reason alone, if I were Tomlin I would bench him for at least a quarter next game. Send a signal, besides being appropriate for the situation at hand.

And I would tell Brown ... any post-catch, Stonio-like grandstanding in a game that we are not winning by more than two scores, the same fate awaits him. You are either focused 100% on the team (like Heath), or you are focused on yourself and your self-perceived faux glory. We are not smart enough to do both.
    LOL at "like Heath"

I would demand Tomlin fired immediately if he said some stupid sh!t like that...

I know half the board LOVES some Heath for obvious reason's but umm... no. I don't want my WR's acting like Heath.

I would love to see some of you give the Steeler pregame speech... "gather around fellas and take one knee.. not like AB or Sanders you idiots. DO IT LIKE HEATH! what we need to do is play hard football (like Heath).... and respect the game (like Heath) and we will win LIKE HEATH.. bring it in.. for the win... everyone touch him.. touch HEATH... feel HEATH, BE HEATH.....OK, guys Heath on 3. 1 HEATH, 2 HEATH, 3 HEATH, GO HEEEEEEATH!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, poor Ben has been shackled in a 70's offensive system...

...that's why he's currently 4th in the league in passing yards, and on pace for nearly a 5,000-yard season.