Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Steelers select RB Le'Veon Bell in Round 2

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Bell would have never gotten past the run on RBs at picks #58-62 where Montee Ball, Eddie Lacy and Christine Michael were selected.
    Probably true, but there were multiple solid RB options on day 3, if Bell were not available in round 3.

In the 4th round, we could have taken Johnathan Franklin, Marcus Lattimore, or Stepfan Taylor.

In the 5th round, we could have taken Joseph Randle, Mike Gillislee, or Kenjon Barner.

In the 6th round, we could have taken Andre Ellington.

In the 7th round, we could have taken Jawan Jamison or Kerwynn Williams.

I can't argue with the team picking who they considered to be the best RB prospect in the draft, but the overall depth at RB is why I was hoping that we'd take Keenan Allen in round 2, who I thought was a 1st round talent when healthy (I figured that his drop was due to the poor 40-time, which didn't prevent us from drafting Jarvis Jones). His struggles this past season were due to a combination of injuries and his brother sucking out loud at QB (the previous season, he was dominating, and also had a Hines Ward like edge to his game as well...thought he'd be a perfect Steeler wideout and a different body type than Brown and Sanders...while Wheaton has that same body type). Perhaps his injury issues were worse than I thought and the Steelers had Wheaton ahead of Allen all along...who knows.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

yeah, that's true. I'm overly excited that we got Bell! Even if it was in the second! Hope he can send Redman and Dwyer packing.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Im just happy we have a great Spartan prospect on the team and hes a big back to boot. Now we just have to hope the league swings back into balance in regards to running vs passing.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Im just happy we have a great Spartan prospect on the team and hes a big back to boot. Now we just have to hope the league swings back into balance in regards to running vs passing.
    Steeler fans have a Bettis fetish (say that 5 times) when it comes to big backs.

I just hope Bell isn't the typical Big Ten big back...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Steeler fans have a Bettis fetish (say that 5 times) when it comes to big backs.

I just hope Bell isn't the typical Big Ten big back...
    Bell isn't a Jerome Bettis/Earl Campbell type of big back, though.

He's more of an Eddie George/Steven Jackson type of big back.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if Bell resembles any of those four, it would be fine with me.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Bell isn't a Jerome Bettis/Earl Campbell type of big back, though.

He's more of an Eddie George/Steven Jackson type of big back.
    Yeah, he looks like Eddie George to me. The only thing that concerns me is the apostrophe in his first name. Every time I see his name I have to pause on his name like I have torrets over seeing it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Yeah, he looks like Eddie George to me. The only thing that concerns me is the apostrophe in his first name. Every time I see his name I have to pause on his name like I have torrets over seeing it.
    It's a trend thing, a tattoo for your name. You need to get an apostrophe, Flip.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    It's a trend thing, a tattoo for your name. You need to get an apostrophe, Flip.
    Where does it go? Is it just a random thing?
    F'lippy
    Flip'py
    Flipp'y
    Le'Flip

Seriously though, doesn't the '''" have to stand for some letters? What is the "'" shortening in Le'Veon? And the V is capital so Veon must be a word. Is it Let's Veon. Wait that's another apostrophe. Ugh!?! What does Le'Veon stand for? Is it French - The Veon? Or did his mom just not know how to spell? That's cool, I can't either half the time. But I just get so darn hung up on his name that I almost want Dwyer or Redman to beat him out as a starter.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

D'ukieBoy...
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa