Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I feel good about Redskins game

Legend

User Info Menu

Why I feel good about Redskins game

Rookie QB.

Whatever LeBeau's faults may or may not be - his complicated defenses ALWAYS confuse the heck out of the young 'uns, no matter how good they look going in.

Just give Ike help over the top like Sunday night, and the margin of victory may well be our point total!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's gonna be a tough matchup. RG3 is a freak. He runs like a deer and he's accurate while running at full speed.

I think this is the guy the NFL has been looking for since the first QB athlete.

One things for sure, we're in for a treat. The 2 most unique QBs in the league will be on the field together.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why I feel good about the Redskins game? Heinz Field. We are a different team at home than on the road. We are undefeated at home and have only one win on the road.

While we are here, guess who else is undefeated at home and has only one win on the road? The Ravens. They've just had the benefit of 4 home games and 3 away games at this point, while we've had only 2 home games and 4 away games. From this point on, we have 6 out of our 10 remaining games at home, while the Ravens have 5 out of their 9 remaining games on the road.

For the Ravens and Joe Flacco, there's no place like home
    By Jeff Zrebiec, The Baltimore Sun
    3:10 p.m. EDT, October 22, 2012

To a man, the Ravens insist that they don't have an explanation for why the team's offense has played so well at home and so poorly on the road. And as second-year wide receiver Torrey Smith wisely pointed out, if the Ravens knew the cause of the maddening inconsistency, they'd have it fixed by now.

Either way, it's become impossible to ignore and if the Ravens are going to make a run at that elusive Super Bowl, they better figure it out soon. Their post-bye week schedule includes five road contests, three against their divisional foes and their other two versus the San Diego Chargers and Washington Redskins.

In fairness to the Ravens, they have played in three pretty difficult venues: Philadelphia, Kansas City and Houston. The Chiefs are obviously not a good football team, but Arrowhead Stadium is still a tough place to play.

While the Ravens' banged-up defense has struggled pretty much everywhere this season, their offensive home/road splits remain impossible to explain. Just consider the following:

Home Road
    Record 4-0 1-2
    Total points 129 45
    Avg. points per game 32 15
    Avg. total yards per game 422 266
    Avg. passing yards per game 314 166
    Avg. rushing yards per game 108 100
    Turnovers 2 6
    Joe Flacco's completion pct. 67.1 50
    Flacco's passing yards 1271 566
    Flacco touchdown passes 7 2
    Flacco's interceptions 2 4
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 10-23-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm going to be in the house for the first time this season, and I'm relatively confident about beating the Redskins since Big Ben is 14-1 in games at Heinz Field against NFC teams. Of course I happened to be at the one loss, which was to the NY Giants in 2008. On Offense the Steelers should be throwing from the first play since the Redskins rank dead last in the NFL in pass defense. On Defense the Steelers need to contain RGIII and will probably have to use a spy. I'm kinda bummed that the Steelers are going to wear those butt ugly new retro uni's. What's wrong with Black and Gold anyway?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    I'm going to be in the house for the first time this season, and I'm relatively confident about beating the Redskins since Big Ben is 14-1 in games at Heinz Field against NFC teams. Of course I happened to be at the one loss, which was to the NY Giants in 2008. On Offense the Steelers should be throwing from the first play since the Redskins rank dead last in the NFL in pass defense. On Defense the Steelers need to contain RGIII and will probably have to use a spy. I'm kinda bummed that the Steelers are going to wear those butt ugly new retro uni's. What's wrong with Black and Gold anyway?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

One thing is sure, pass defenders will have to try and stick with receivers longer in coverage vs the Skins. RG3 is a big play waiting to happen on the ground or through the air.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Bwahahahaha! To Hell With the Devil!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Hines in The Yellow and Black Attack is killing me. That's one of your best.

[URL]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ENNE9IuMmkM/TrF9SsTbVfI/AAAAAAAAB5o/XXmAGGRwrL4/s1600/Stryper+001.jpg[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Hines in The Yellow and Black Attack is killing me. That's one of your best.

[URL]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ENNE9IuMmkM/TrF9SsTbVfI/AAAAAAAAB5o/XXmAGGRwrL4/s1600/Stryper+001.jpg[/URL]
    Can't take credit for this one...it's not mine...I just found it on Google Image Search (and, by the way, I would assume by that "33" on his chest, that it's Isaac Redman and not Hines). If it were mine, I would have gone the lazy route and just used Troy to avoid having to photoshop on 80's hair band hair.

Legend

User Info Menu

by SI.com

About that Redskins’ “full house” formation: The Redskins have implemented some different offensive looks to take full advantage of Robert Griffin III’s skill package, and one that they used frequently Sunday employed three guys in the backfield wrapped around RGIII (seen here) — sort of like you’d see in Air Force’s flexbone, for example.

There’s not much film out there to help NFL defenses prepare for that, and Washington even takes it one step further at times lining up a tight end almost directly in front of Griffin, with a running back to his side and another behind him (seen here).

Washington ran a play out of that set eight times in the first three quarters, with only an unforced Alfred Morris fumble resulting in a negative outcome. Every other occurrence saw the Redskins gain four yards or more, with gains of 13, 22 and 23. They also had a 35-yard Griffin-to-Leonard Hankerson TD pass wiped out by a penalty.

The Giants stiffened against the formation in the fourth, stuffing two runs and sacking Griffin off a play-action fake. Still, expect Washington to keep turning to the unique look in the future.

[URL]http://nfl.si.com/2012/10/23/second-read-showing-heath-miller-some-love/?sct=nfl_wr_a1[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha