Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Foote in Contract Talks per Bouchette

Legend

User Info Menu

Foote in Contract Talks per Bouchette

He reported on twitter that Foote is in talks with the Steelers. Apparently, on the radio this morning, Foote said his agent has been talking with the Steelers and that it's apparently a money issue at this point.

I would like to see Foote come back on a qualified veteran contract (900k or whatever the minimum is, and it counts less against the cap) to provide an option at ILB, but I wouldn't want to see him paid at the level he was this season.

Whether Spence or perhaps another young player, I think that Foote has value as a mentor.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If he comes cheap, OK. But any contract with much of a signing bonus with more than 1 year I would pass on. He had a decent year, but he isn't the solution moving forward. But seeing how badly we are lacking leadership, that would be one reason to bring him back. He isn't Ray Lewis level leadership, but he is better than most of the players we have in that area.

Legend

User Info Menu

How about a vet min contract with incentives?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

if it takes teo off the board, I am all for it.

Legend

User Info Menu

"Money issue?" Really Larry? How many teams do you think will be knocking down the door to sign you. Didn't you learn your lesson once already going to Detroit? I really hope the FO isn't wasting more than about a minute dealing with any "demands" Laryy has. Should be as simple as here it is, yes or no! If no, then move on.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm thinking he'll accept a lower salary than what he makes now but not the minimum. He has a little leverage in the fact we have no one to play now as it stands. Sylvester isn't the answer and Spence is a question mark for now.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I'm thinking he'll accept a lower salary than what he makes now but not the minimum. He has a little leverage in the fact we have no one to play now as it stands. Sylvester isn't the answer and Spence is a question mark for now.
    He has about the same leverage that Wallace had last year at this time...not much...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

who said anything about foote "making demands"? Please point it out for me.

did you ever stop to think that until the coming restructures that the steelers themselves don't know what they can offer? Maybe that is the "money issue".

you guys are a trip.

Legend

User Info Menu

good

it would stop the crazy thinking of taking (another) ILB with a 1st rd pick

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

DUMB is all I got to say, I hope we are looking at him for backup only. DL love the old players geez!
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]