Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You guys who think Collingswoth is a hater?

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys who think Collingswoth is a hater?

Dude just gave Tomlin the benefit on the sideline fiasco. That is more than half of our fan base gives him.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Dude just gave Tomlin the benefit on the sideline fiasco. That is more than half of our fan base gives him.
    Exactly, as he does not really care and is towing the faux chivalric line. lol

Starter

User Info Menu

I'll give Collinsworth props, but not for anything related to covering for Tomlin's cheating. Collinsworth at times almost seems to be rooting for the Steelers and has been making excuses for the team's performance this year, saying we've been playing pretty well since the 0-4 start, etc.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In his earlier day Collinsworth would knock the Steelers and had no troubles doing it and not backing down of doing it. I thought it was pretty unprofesional of him since he decided being an objective announcer was his career. Last night I would have thought he was an ex-steeler and he sugar coated the Steelers troubles very much. If I was a Bengals fan I would have been ticked.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Overall, they have been playing well since going 0-4...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just went and took a look at the Bengals board, they were cheated. Many of them are blaming the refs for their loss but a few level headed ones are seeing the truth. All fans are a like in my opinion. We are no better or worse after a loss. I also noticed many of them are still sporting Ickey Woods, Wicky Wacky Wyche as their most popular connection or bragging rights of their team....... Sad, very sad that is the only positive they have to cling on to. Man it's great being a Steeler fan !

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard him call Ziggy Hood the strongest man in the NFL. It made me laugh. I think it was right after he got trucked by tiny little Gio. These night game announcers compliment everyone a little too much.

I do kinda like CC. He notices and points out things most announcers don't. But he sure heaps on the praise with the best of them. That part I dont care for.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't really care about analyst but CC is a good one IMO. Most fans think an analyst is favoring an opponent when their team is getting the brakes beat off of them. Their job is to talk and fluff things up or tear things apart depending on how the game plays out.

Ziggy Hood is one of the strongest men in the NFL? Really.. or is it something to fill down time when a game is 24-0.

Also remember these guys have teleprompters that feed them info on players...

Backup

User Info Menu

One thing I'll give Collinsworth - he's light years better than Madden. Madden as much as admitted in interviews that he hated going to Pittsburgh. Dude never got over the Immaculate Reception, and it showed in how he called a game. Plus, by the end of his career I think he was on a strict allotment of two cogent thoughts per ballgame. He'd grab onto those nuggets of decent analysis and hammer away at them every 15 seconds for 3 hours.

I'll take Collinsworth over Phil Simms, too. Simms mancrushes on Brady like Madden used to mancrush on Favre.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ziggy Hood may be the strongest man in the NFL...

That doesn't mean he's a great football player...