Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In some instances you can be in the best shape, train well, a good diet too, but if you continue to , its going to hurt.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Let's try to help you. First of all, stop putting words in my mouth; straw man arguments are a sign of weakness. I didn't say their training methods were "old" I merely said that a fairly long time ago, they were and I was QUESTIONING what their current methods were, since there is such an obvious trend of injuries, especially to the big guys. I QUESTIONED what their current training methods were, something that no one in here seems able to answer. Secondly, the two points are not mutually exclusive: It is indeed possible for both points to be true. That is, Steelers MAYBE using antiquated methods AND Troy's past methods may be lacking in their OWN WAY. BOTH points can be true - they can both exist. They are NOT mutually exclusive. Can you grasp this concept? Please try. If Pgh has their big guys training heavy on the power rack during the season, it would be ill advised. If Troy training without any weights heavier than 20 lbs, as it has been reported, that method may be lacking as well. Try to comprehend those points.

Now, does anyone want to actually address the original post or is all you can do is offer ad hominem attacks?
    I don't know much about Lloydroid's background and don't care. But I do agree that the Steelers have had WAY too many injuries on the O-line the past couple of years. It would be nice if some people on here could try harder to hold an intelligent conversation instead of trying to bring the other guy down. I just want to come here for the latest news about my favorite team and don't care to waste my time reading the grade school antics.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Only those with truly nothing to boast about use this line. Insecure much?
    Hahahhaah, what bothers you is you know you are light years away from any from this
    Wow, nice one. I don't know if I will ever get over this one from you. If only I had your gift of prose.

The more you try to impress people, the less impressed they’ll be.
    It is more and more funny as you kick and scream like a toddler.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    I don't know much about Lloydroid's background and don't care. But I do agree that the Steelers have had WAY too many injuries on the O-line the past couple of years. It would be nice if some people on here could try harder to hold an intelligent conversation instead of trying to bring the other guy down. I just want to come here for the latest news about my favorite team and don't care to waste my time reading the grade school antics.
    You don't have to read anything. You can also ignore posters whom you find to be tedious. There is a setting for this very thing.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Neither is the health of the Ravens O-Line and the Niners O-Line the norm...
    Exactly. So maybe their training methods are superior to the norm. Evidence points to Pgh's being inferior. Could just be luck or lack there of, but it needs looked into.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    You don't have to read anything. You can also ignore posters whom you find to be tedious. There is a setting for this very thing.
    Coming from the guy who constantly does degrade the discussion into grade school level insults. I asked a perfectly relevant, perfectly meaningful question, and you had to drag it all down to ad hominem attacks, something that the stated board rules disallow. Instead of making people have to use the ignore feature, how about not trying to start ad hominem attacks?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Wow, nice one. I don't know if I will ever get over this one from you. If only I had your gift of prose.

It is more and more funny as you kick and scream like a toddler.
    Gee whiz, well someone in this thread is the one turning into grade school insults. I wonder who that person is? I am perfectly secure with the truth of my posts. You? Well, the one dealing with ad hominem attacks is always on the side of the weaker argument. And, just checking into the reality zone, I am guessing that a poster who self proclaims size by inserting "BIG" into his self-given screen name might be the one who is self-aggrandizing; after all, we must all picture some super gargantuan guy since he does incorporate the word "big" into his name. Keep going. Your insecurities become more glaring every post. But, after all, you are "big."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Coming from the guy who constantly does degrade the discussion into grade school level insults. I asked a perfectly relevant, perfectly meaningful question, and you had to drag it all down to ad hominem attacks, something that the stated board rules disallow. Instead of making people have to use the ignore feature, how about not trying to start ad hominem attacks?
    Anyone is perfectly well suited to ignore me should they choose to do so. Once again, pot meet kettle. You bring it on yourself.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavy View Post
    /\ /\ /\ /\ THIS. I don't care that you know my background either. I simply wanted to address a subject worth discussing. There are a few in here that seem to want to go to ad hominem attacks with every post. I thought that was against board rules, but what do I know. This place prides itself of not allowing the petty name calling. But certain posters are seemingly allowed to blow off board rules.

Back to the original topic: What practices do the Steelers employ in the conditioning and training front? Do they have the big guys doing heavy lifts on the power rack, such as squats and dead lifts during the season? Do such practices lead to injuries as many experts in the field contend? Do such practices lead to less recovery resulting in more injuries?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Question: NO ONE has answered this, our OL injuries waiting to happen.

I don't believe anyone can answer that until a detailed investigation is put into play. The FO alluded to the rash of injuries and they also are looking into why they occured on a consistent basis.
    Injuries are part of the game as we know, but when you have the amount we had especially on the o-line for the last three years something is wrong, it can't be just by accident.

I think the FO is very concerned about this, and will take the steps to find out the reasons to the best of their ability. The findings could make an impact on reducing these injuries not only for the Steelers but other teams as well.