Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "New" Steelers Uniforms

Legend

User Info Menu

New Nike uniforms to retain Steelers 'look'

April 4, 2012 12:14 pm

Those who were looking for a radical change -- or even a slight one -- in the Steelers new uniform will be disappointed. Nike, which officially took over as providers for uniforms of all NFL teams, unveiled those uniforms in New York Tuesday.

The Steelers uniform underwent one small change -- the Nike swoosh on the shoulder of the jersey and the front hip area of the pants.

All the new Nike uniforms will be more form-fitting (read: tighter) and the players should like that, especially linemen on both sides who go through rituals to tighten their jerseys to make it more difficult for opponents to hold them.

It likely will be more of a relief to most fans that the famous black and gold uniform has gone relatively unchanged, although those pining for a return to the block numbers from the 1970s will have to endure the Chicago Bears-like style on the team's uniforms again.

Steelers president Art Rooney II had said there would be no change in his team's uniforms, other than in the material. He also said there will be a new throwback uniform this season, the 80th in team history. That uniform will be unveiled later.

Backup

User Info Menu

From what I read, there were two teams (Steelers, Packers) who instructed Nike the only change to the uni would be the adding of their swoosh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BackwoodsSteeler View Post
    Oregon's unis were/are horrid. I was worried about the new ones as everything Nike touches they screw up. Some of that crap they have been putting on the field the past few years is flat out putrid.

No way should the Steelers unis be changed. The best unis in the league are the ones that don't change. Steelers, Colts, Packers to name a few.
    I agree re: Oregon football uniforms Those things are awful. How can you even call it a uniform if you have so many combinations that you never wear the same uni twice?

new-oregon-ducks-football-uniforms-02.jpgducks-unis.jpg

Although I must admit that this one is pretty nice...

oregon-footballchick.jpg
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-05-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oregon's unis were/are horrid. I was worried about the new ones as everything Nike touches they screw up. Some of that crap they have been putting on the field the past few years is flat out putrid.

No way should the Steelers unis be changed. The best unis in the league are the ones that don't change. Steelers, Colts, Packers to name a few.
    X2 I agree

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I completely disagree. Oregon had some sweet looks. A few of them weren't as good as the others, but that happens when you have so many combinations. The Steelers would have only needed a few and would have had a standard helmet. Oregons numbers look very cool and they did the best that could be done with the color scheme they have to work with.

The Steelers uni's are cool, but I was just disappointed because they could have refreshed for something even cooler. Of course, if people actually think that the Pack and the Colts have good looking uniforms then I simply can't help your fashion sense.

At least the Steelers had something good to start with. Those teams have looked terrible for years and seem intent on continuing to do so.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

oregons uniforms suck.

why anyone thinks the steelers uniform needs "refreshed" is beyond me.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I completely disagree. Oregon had some sweet looks. A few of them weren't as good as the others, but that happens when you have so many combinations. The Steelers would have only needed a few and would have had a standard helmet. Oregons numbers look very cool and they did the best that could be done with the color scheme they have to work with.

The Steelers uni's are cool, but I was just disappointed because they could have refreshed for something even cooler. Of course, if people actually think that the Pack and the Colts have good looking uniforms then I simply can't help your fashion sense.

At least the Steelers had something good to start with. Those teams have looked terrible for years and seem intent on continuing to do so.
    No offense, but I bet you're under 20 and have no sense of tradition. Do you even know the tradition of the Steelers? I doubt it if you're saying they "need to refresh". They "refreshed" over 40 years ago....that's enough. It's perfect...so leave it alone.

I will admit, I have a pet peeve for those with no feelings for the tradition for the league. You and Rog GODell spring to mind. Teams like the Colts, Steelers, Raiders, Packers, hell, even the Stains....to not change the uni just for the sake of changing it means a lot to a lot of us. If you don't like it and want to "refresh" crap.....the Seahawks are always looking for fans. I'll bet you even want the logo on both sides of the helmet.

And you even slammed my fashion sense....ooo, that really hurts. Bet you walk around with sagging pants and an untucked shirt because..."it's fresh and cool" and you "are making a fashion statement".

Grow up little boy.
    Last edited by BackwoodsSteeler; 04-05-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No offense, but I bet you're under 20 and have no sense of tradition. Do you even know the tradition of the Steelers? I doubt it if you're saying they "need to refresh". They "refreshed" over 40 years ago....that's enough. It's perfect...so leave it alone.

I will admit, I have a pet peeve for those with no feelings for the tradition for the league. You and Rog GODell spring to mind. Teams like the Colts, Steelers, Raiders, Packers, hell, even the Stains....to not change the uni just for the sake of changing it means a lot to a lot of us. If you don't like it and want to "refresh" crap.....the Seahawks are always looking for fans. I'll bet you even want the logo on both sides of the helmet.

And you even slammed my fashion sense....ooo, that really hurts. Bet you walk around with sagging pants and an untucked shirt because..."it's fresh and cool" and you "are making a fashion statement".

Grow up little boy.
    Dude, you have no idea. I am well over 20, but I do have a fashion sense. I'm a rocker who used to scout fashion models, not some hip-hop wanna be, so the idea of me in sagging pants is laughable. I've been a Steelers fan since the 70's. Jack Lambert is my all-time favorite player. So don't pretend to lecture me on tradition or who I should pull for. I understand the tradition, but traditions change over time. Many of the Steelers traditions (such as the logo only on the right side or the stripe combination from the sleeve) could have been kept in a refresh.

I've said that I didn't hate the uni's. I simply thought that they could have done something cooler and this was a great chance to do it. If you disagree, that's cool. I'd appreciate you're not trying to psychoanalyze a person you obviously know nothing about.

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm a rocker who used to scout fashion model
    Ah, yeah.

Me too.

I discovered Elle and Kathy. I passed on Brinkly....didn't think she had "it". Imagine my suprise now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

there is no need to "refresh" or try to be "cooler".

that's ridiculous and makes you look foolish as well.

and you might want to look up the definition of tradition again if you think they change all the time.