Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers CB Ike Taylor says Santonio Holmes and James Harrison would like to return

Legend

User Info Menu

After "The Catch", Stonio became a completely self-centered, me-me-me guy. He was suspended by the NFL and then was kicked to the curb by the Steelers who had enough. You'd think he'd grow up a little after that, right? NO, he became a bigger malcontent and cancer on his next team to the point that he was benched during a high stakes game, where his own teammates called him out and wanted him gone.

No chance in hell the Steelers take this classless has-been back. And thank goodness. Let's just remember him for XLIII and be done with it.
    Last edited by Eich; 05-21-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace returns before Santonio - and I don't want that either. Wallace played out his contract, filed for FA, and took a big contract to go to another team. Santonio played a bigger role, was caught with drugs, he called out the team's fans on Twitter, and was thrown away - for a fifth rounder, all while coming off of his best statistical season. The team was making a very big statement when they sent Holmes away. That is the kind of statement that is not reversed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Holmes will never be respected in the locker room the way JH is...
    I think JH realizes he made a mistake and would do anything to get back on the team.
    Holmes is just trying to get on any team and if he doesnt, he will be content to just sit there and smoke out.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

In 2012, Holmes suffered a severe Lisfranc injury that ended his season and required surgery. From what I have read, the long term outlook for a player whose Lisfranc injury did not require surgery is pretty good. For those that required surgical repair, not so good. Add that to the mix and I see little chance of Holmes returning to Pittsburgh or seeing much playing time anywhere else, for that matter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    After "The Catch", Stonio became a completely self-centered, me-me-me guy. He was suspended by the NFL and then was kicked to the curb by the Steelers who had enough. You'd think he'd grow up a little after that, right? NO, he became a bigger malcontent and cancer on his next team to the point that he was benched during a high stakes game, where his own teammates called him out and wanted him gone.

No chance in hell the Steelers take this classless has-been back. And thank goodness. Let's just remember him for XLIII and be done with it.
    I think this sums it up pretty well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Holmes will never be respected in the locker room the way JH is...
    I think JH realizes he made a mistake and would do anything to get back on the team.
    Holmes is just trying to get on any team and if he doesnt, he will be content to just sit there and smoke out.
    JH made a poor business decision, likely taking the advice of his agent. Not the first, and certainly won't be the last. Santonio was, and likely still is, a human turd.

Legend

User Info Menu

I still think it's hysterical that Rex Ryan appointed Santonio to be a team captain. Classic.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No & No. Actually...No to any X Steelers not on roster unless a starter gets injured.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    No & No. Actually...No to any X Steelers not on roster unless a starter gets injured.
    Are you really comfortable going into the season with Chris Carter as the top backup at OLB?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Are you really comfortable going into the season with Chris Carter as the top backup at OLB?

I am unless there is an injury. Williams, Spence (If he's back), Moats, Carter & Zumwalt will be you back-up unless H Jones pushes Carter off the roster. They have position flexibility now. You might look at the roster & say they are heavy inside but the flexibilty with Shazier, Moats, & Zumwalt makes them deep at ILB & OLB. Harrison is 36 & doesn't appear to have anything in the tank. Gurnateed contract for a non ST back-up...I would pass. If everyone is healthy...He doesn't get a helmet. It's a numbers game on this roster. If an injury happens...He will be on the street. No need to bring him here unless a NEED arises.