Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Early 1-14 mock draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    How many times did a steelers D (with big snack at NT) give up 45 pts in a game?

Contrary to what some think, the cupboard is not bare in the secondary. Do they need to invest a few high/middle round picks in the secondary? sure. Do those draft picks have to come to be plug and play guys? Depends on what happens in the FO this off season.

Our D was gashed against the run this year, so we need our NT play to be dominant. If it's by the draft, so be it, if it's by developing someone who is already on the roster... great. Suring up NT would also allow McClendon, Woods, etc to compete for a position they may be better suited for (DE). I think keeping Keisel around for another year (at a modest price tag) would provide much need leadership and depth.
    Yep... and people act like we have 1 pick in the draft this year.. we can get all those other needs in later rounds. I doubt we can get a solid NT in later rounds. NT is tooimportant for us to shrug it off with a late rounder.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I doubt we can get a solid NT in later rounds. NT is tooimportant for us to shrug it off with a late rounder.
    Exactly.Gone are the days when we and maybe two other teams valued 3-4 NTs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kansas city with Dontari Poe gave up 5 more yards per game rushing than Pittsburgh this year. It takes all 11.

Green Bay with Raji gave up 10 more yards per game than Pitts.

Arizona (3-4) led the league in rushing defense with Dan Williams at NT.
    Last edited by thor75; 01-04-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Kansas city with Dontari Poe gave up 5 more yards per game rushing than Pittsburgh this year. It takes all 11.

Green Bay with Raji gave up 10 more yards per game than Pitts.
    who cares... its not how many yards its WHEN they give up the yards.

Regardless... you can't field a 3-4 without a legit NT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    They will if they and the few respective teams desperate enough to move up because they need a Quarterback come to realize that Bortels is the best of this Class. (Even with Bridgewater being exceptional and Manziel very talented.)
    Really? Bortels aint anything more than Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Wow,...really Dub ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    LOL... I don't know much about him but every year there is a QB with a great agent who gets tons of pub and shoots up the board. I bet he is this years Gabbert. Gabbert was average in college but as soon as he entered the draft he became this mythical QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

You are going to use KC as proof a NT isn't important?

KC has playmakers in the secondary... had 3 or 4 INT's and STILL gave up 45 points.

Its foolish to shrugg off a NT until the 3rd..especially if an NT in the 1st will see the field while our DB sits for a year or 3.
    that really goes against your argument
    2 recent #1 draft choice defensive lineman sat for 2 years

we dont have a corner on the roster to compare

plus, if ike is cut. that leaves allen and gay as our starting corners with question marks backing them up. thats a scary thought with how much nickel defense they play

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep... and people act like we have 1 pick in the draft this year.. we can get all those other needs in later rounds. I doubt we can get a solid NT in later rounds. NT is tooimportant for us to shrug it off with a late rounder.

much easier to find an NT in the later rounds that can get the job done then a corner.

there's a reason CBs out number the nose tackles at the top of the draft every year

Backup

User Info Menu

LOL... I don't know much about him but every year there is a QB with a great agent who gets tons of pub and shoots up the board. I bet he is this years Gabbert. Gabbert was average in college but as soon as he entered the draft he became this mythical QB.
    Hahahaha,...as i said before, i am not a professional scout and i do not know how many of you have friends or business associates that are in order to be able to discuss prospects with and or watch film on with,....but i assure you Bortles is no Gabbert.
    Last edited by Rod Polamalu; 01-04-2014 at 11:40 PM.