Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D Line Playing Much Better

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

D Line Playing Much Better

D Line playing very well. Heyward looks like the guy we thought he'd be finally
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

We are getting in favorable down and distance, guys can pin their ears back and rush.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shut down the run, make them one dimensional, then wreak havoc. Always been a LeBeau staple and it can still work, whether or not ungrateful Steeler fans think he some senile old coot.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    We are getting in favorable down and distance, guys can pin their ears back and rush.
    That's exactly right.

And it's the difference between this game & the last 2. This D can work if they can get the 3rd & 8 or so. And they are showing today they can achieve that.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That's exactly right.

And it's the difference between this game & the last 2. This D can work if they can get the 3rd & 8 or so. And they are showing today they can achieve that.
    We are playing up on the line scrimmage with our corners not allowing newton to throw quick, its a nice adjustment by lebeau, of course their receivers aren't much of a threat to run by us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heyward is a beast! I can't believe they had him sitting behind Ziggy Hood.

Starter

User Info Menu

McClendon brought some decent pressure, nice SACK.. ! Newton was getting abused back there..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    McClendon brought some decent pressure, nice SACK.. ! Newton was getting abused back there..
    Credit where it's due- McLendon was much better tonight than I've seen.

And the result of good play from the NT- good play from the defense.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Since the LBs aren't getting pressure it's now up to the DL to step it up. They did last night.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Credit where it's due- McLendon was much better tonight than I've seen.

And the result of good play from the NT- good play from the defense.
    McClendon was really good last night. We've seen good games from him like this before. I'm hoping to see him build off this performance moving forward.