Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Will the Steelers draft...

Legend

User Info Menu

Just putting this out there...

Has Te'o become 2013's "Massive Brilliance"?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    And how many high draft picks does Alec Ogletree play with? More than Te'o.
    Alec Ogletree's last game he didn't have John Jenkins playing in front of him and he still looked dominant.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Have you ever heard of Jarvis Jones? The best defensive player in this coming draft? He plays in front of Ogletree. All be it off to the side but never the less still in that front for Georgia.

Nix and Tuitt are still a work in progress. They are not first round picks this year. Maybe next year.
    Jarvis Jones clogs up the middle for Ogletree? Wow, your really reaching buddy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Jarvis Jones clogs up the middle for Ogletree? Wow, your really reaching buddy.
    No body said anything about clogging up the middle for him. I said he plays in front of him. Having the best defensive player in this draft playing outside LB off the edge for any ILB is a plus.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I like Nix.... and if you look at Te'o's numbers the 3 previous years I don't think he has any INT's... one can say the DL is responsible for his success this year.
    This cracks me up Felt. I thought you said you watch a lot of Notre Dame football? Well if you have then you would know Te'o was used much differently the three previous years to this. Te'o played a lot more down hill prior to this year. Coming forward. This year he was used a lot more in pass coverage. You notice a decline in tackles, TFL's, sacks, etc. But this year more INT's and PD's than previous years. His cover skills are not great by any means but he did improve enough for them to use him differently this year. Two years ago he had 128 tackles, 13.5 TFL's, 5 sacks, 0 INT's, and 2 PD's. But this past season he had less tackles, less TFL's (more than half as many), and only 1.5 sacks. Yet he had 7 INT's and 11 PD's.

Now having said that, like I have been saying all along, if he were drafted to play ILB for the Steelers, playing next to Timmons, I would hope the Steelers would utilize him more for his strength..coming forward. Timmons would no doubt get the bulk of the coverage assignments of the too. And rightfully so, he is better at it.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No body said anything about clogging up the middle for him. I said he plays in front of him. Having the best defensive player in this draft playing outside LB off the edge for any ILB is a plus.
    Different roles and different responsibilities. Notre Dame has plenty of good players on D.

Wanna put a wager on whether Te'o goes in the first 10 picks? Just a friendly wager for one of us to eat crow in a few months.
    Last edited by BigRob; 01-08-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Walterfootball is a very knowledgeable and reputable draft site:

1(17) Pittsburgh Steelers: Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

I think this is a good spot for Manti Te'o. He was brutal in the national championship, but that shouldn't erase all of his other great tape. He's still the favorite to be the first inside linebacker off the board, and the 16-25 range seems right for him. Besides, this is the type of move the Steelers normally make. They often are able to snag talented prospects who fall to them later in the first round for whatever reason.

The Steelers have shown interest in first-round inside linebackers. They wanted Dont'a Hightower last April, but David DeCastro was just too good to pass up at No. 24 overall. Pittsburgh still has to find an inside linebacker because Larry Foote was awful this year. He finished near the top of dubious rankings like missed tackles and touchdowns allowed by players at his position.

Pick change; previously Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB LSU

[URL]http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

This cracks me up Felt. I thought you said you watch a lot of Notre Dame football? Well if you have then you would know Te'o was used much differently the three previous years to this. Te'o played a lot more down hill prior to this year. Coming forward. This year he was used a lot more in pass coverage. You notice a decline in tackles, TFL's, sacks, etc. But this year more INT's and PD's than previous years. His cover skills are not great by any means but he did improve enough for them to use him differently this year. Two years ago he had 128 tackles, 13.5 TFL's, 5 sacks, 0 INT's, and 2 PD's. But this past season he had less tackles, less TFL's (more than half as many), and only 1.5 sacks. Yet he had 7 INT's and 11 PD's.

Now having said that, like I have been saying all along, if he were drafted to play ILB for the Steelers, playing next to Timmons, I would hope the Steelers would utilize him more for his strength..coming forward. Timmons would no doubt get the bulk of the coverage assignments of the too. And rightfully so, he is better at it.
    Te'o had 7 picks because the DL was getting a ton of pressure this year.... The difference between the DL this year vs the the last 3 is huge.

I heard they are calling Te'o "The Hawaiian Brian Boz"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Walterfootball is a very knowledgeable and reputable draft site:

1(17) Pittsburgh Steelers: Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

I think this is a good spot for Manti Te'o. He was brutal in the national championship, but that shouldn't erase all of his other great tape. He's still the favorite to be the first inside linebacker off the board, and the 16-25 range seems right for him. Besides, this is the type of move the Steelers normally make. They often are able to snag talented prospects who fall to them later in the first round for whatever reason.

The Steelers have shown interest in first-round inside linebackers. They wanted Dont'a Hightower last April, but David DeCastro was just too good to pass up at No. 24 overall. Pittsburgh still has to find an inside linebacker because Larry Foote was awful this year. He finished near the top of dubious rankings like missed tackles and touchdowns allowed by players at his position.

Pick change; previously Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB LSU

[URL]http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php[/URL]
    Foote wasn't awful....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Foote wasn't awful....
    I agree, I didn't think Larry Foote was awful this past season either. nevertheless, Foote did finish near the top of dubious rankings like missed tackles and touchdowns allowed by players at his position.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha