Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warner said, Haley's offense Is Good For Ben

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Warner said, Haley's offense Is Good For Ben

[url]http://triblive.com/sports/nfl/3406657-74/warner-offense-roethlisberger#axzz2Jjq90PDK[/url]

As the article stated Ben was having one of his best years before the injury, and with this type of offense Linemen don't have to hold blocks as long. I think we just need a solid run game to compliment Haley's offense.
    The misconception is Ben can't throw down the field, he can but not like he did under Arians, having a run game will help balance this offense and keep defenses guessing.

If you noticed Ben distributed his passes more under Haley as Miller was having a great year, and even fullback Will Johnson caught some passes. I think with a second year we should see improvement, having Ben healthy is key though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Warner is right. Haley's offense is perfect for Ben...at least the Ben...Ben needs to be. Being the crazy, spontaneous gunslinger worked for awhile. He is getting older, and frankly he needs to become more disciplined. He might not have liked it, but he was playing very well within that system.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    [URL]http://triblive.com/sports/nfl/3406657-74/warner-offense-roethlisberger#axzz2Jjq90PDK[/URL]

As the article stated Ben was having one of his best years before the injury, and with this type of offense Linemen don't have to hold blocks as long. I think we just need a solid run game to compliment Haley's offense.
    The misconception is Ben can't throw down the field, he can but not like he did under Arians, having a run game will help balance this offense and keep defenses guessing.

If you noticed Ben distributed his passes more under Haley as Miller was having a great year, and even fullback Will Johnson caught some passes. I think with a second year we should see improvement, having Ben healthy is key though.
    Do you see what the problem is with this?? if they OL learns they don't have to hold blocks as long, how in the world can they possibly develop a solid run game? The short passing game leads to lazy OL play.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Do you see what the problem is with this?? if they OL learns they don't have to hold blocks as long, how in the world can they possibly develop a solid run game? The short passing game leads to lazy OL play.
    A good line can do both, the Patriots do it to a T and been doing it for years that's why they have a prolific offense. I don't think their O-line is lazy when they average 35 points a game.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-02-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley's turning Ben into DinkandDunklisberger.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Warner gets it. Hopefully Ben sits back and does as well. He doesn't play for the Pittsburgh Roethlisberger's.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Warner gets it. Hopefully Ben sits back and does as well. He doesn't play for the Pittsburgh Roethlisberger's.
    It seems to me that a fragile, quick release guy like Warner would have been much more suited to this type of Offense than a beastly gambler like Ben. Not that Ben can't succeed in it, but Warner is better suited for it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Funny........

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Fact is, as he gets older he can no longer afford to be "Recklessberger".

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Fact is, as he gets older he can no longer afford to be "Recklessberger".
    Or SuperBowlWinningQuarterbacklisberger