Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey Price to Go Way Up

Legend

User Info Menu

Pouncey Price to Go Way Up

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2014/04/12/Steelers-could-see-Maurkice-Pouncey-s-price-go-way-up/stories/201404120099[/url]

Alex Mack just set the new standard for Centers with his 5 year $42M contract. Pouncey will want more and someone else will be willing to pay it. IMO we better be thinking of the Center after Pouncey. This draft could be the time to get him in the middle rounds.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think we'll have a problem getting Pouncey back. The team will do what it has to do to keep him. Besides, with Wallace (who did a good job as a sub) and possibly even a healed up Velasco out there there seems no need to go running after Centers unless there is an exceptional value on the board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have my doubts a 4th round center will be anywhere near as good as Pouncey. Think we need to keep what draft picks did pan out onboard.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pouncy is all rep, but I see him get tossed around all the time. Good riddance, thug.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a very weak center class.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Pouncy is all rep, but I see him get tossed around all the time. Good riddance, thug.
    I am leaning closer to agreeing with this statement...

than the idea that he is irreplaceable.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I am leaning closer to agreeing with this statement...

than the idea that he is irreplaceable.
    Pouncey was easily replaced this year...no drop off when Velasco played and then even Wallace. No way should we pay Alex Mack $ for Pouncey.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought Wallace was better than MP. That's what my eyes saw.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with both of you guys. I have taken a lot of flack on this site this past year for echoing those sentiments..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I also think Pouncey has regressed every year he has been here. There is no way I would pay him close to what Mack just signed for. I'll hang with Wallace and Velasco.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!