Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: its time to blame Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    And you think that's easy losing your starting qb multiple games a season and still win 12? OK lmao
    12 Wins? Ummm... we have 7. I'm not.talking about Tomlins career or legacy, I'm talking about THIS year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly..
    But to also add the great Bellicheat lost to Arizona @ home and to an inferior Seattle team, why is no one questioning him. With a healthy Brady.
    Not my team... Seattle isn't inferior at home either but I'm sure Pats fans had concerns. Even if all of NE was concerned with the Pats what does that have to do with our team?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    That's true. But Belichick uses the early part of the season to figure things out on offense and defense. Then he asks the team to turn it up a notch over the final eight games of the year.

Pats have not lost a game in the 2nd half of the season since 2009.
    Does this include the season Brady was out injured most of the year ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not my team... Seattle isn't inferior at home either but I'm sure Pats fans had concerns. Even if all of NE was concerned with the Pats what does that have to do with our team?
    Just saying that the media call The cheat the greatest, but yet every team have stinkers even the great Cheat.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

There are a lot of circumstances that lead to a failed season. No doubt, the coaching is one aspect that needs improving, but it's not the sole reason, just as injuries have played their part but are not the reason the team appears to be underperforming.

There really is a fine line between success & failure. Coaching, injuries, and perhaps one of the most important reasons, the deterioration of the quality of play from some of the older guys who used to be our 'dominant' guys- Hampton, Harrison, Keisel- while the younger guys have not stepped up their game to compensate.

If it only takes a missed block, a missed tackle, or a dropped ball to change the outcome of a game- it's a difficult feat to overcome even 1 of the factors Chadman listed above, let alone all 3.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

12 Wins? Ummm... we have 7. I'm not.talking about Tomlins career or legacy, I'm talking about THIS year.
    But Steelers ownership looks at things that way...we've had bad years before with both Noll & Cowher, Tomlin will be here a long time.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    But Steelers ownership looks at things that way...we've had bad years before with both Noll & Cowher, Tomlin will be here a long time.
    I'm a Tomlin fan... criticizing him or holding him accountable doesn't mean I want him fired. All I want is for this team to figure out how to dominate a bad team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm a Tomlin fan... criticizing him or holding him accountable doesn't mean I want him fired. All I want is for this team to figure out how to dominate a bad team.
    I really will not consider SD a bad team Hell they have won 6 games one less than the cowboys,bengals ,steelers etc like I said they lose by 7 or less and their defense played great against a predictable offense. I have blamed Haley twice this year Denver, Kansas City and you can add today for a dumb game plan.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Tomlin fan here as well....but something is wrong...how do we beat good teams on the road and lose to the bottom dwellers on a consistent basis....

I don't know who to blame...but I wish someone would get this fixed!!!

I will say I was not a fan of him going for it on 4 and 1 at the 50 before half time...based on the performance of the offense I felt we had no chance of converting....

Legend

User Info Menu

I really will not consider SD a bad team Hell they have won 6 games one less than the cowboys,bengals ,steelers etc like I said they lose by 7 or less and their defense played great against a predictable offense. I have blamed Haley twice this year Denver, Kansas City and you can add today for a dumb game plan.
    I blame Haley too... his game plan is too short IMO. A freaking bubble screen inside the 10.