Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Football vs B Hoyer

Legend

User Info Menu

Considering the Redskins were collapsing the pocket all night with no one getting open down field...I think he did fine for his second preseason game. He moved the ball and got a TD...more than I can say for Hoyer.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Jesus this guy is a Drama Queen. I mean he gives the Skins bench the " Bird " for a Incomplete Pass ? Man, I wonder what he will he will do come the first game against us if he tosses a Interception ?.......Flash us his " NUT SACK! " ???

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Considering the Redskins were collapsing the pocket all night with no one getting open down field...I think he did fine for his second preseason game. He moved the ball and got a TD...more than I can say for Hoyer.
    Brian Baldinger, Heath Evans and Willie McGinest disagree they all pretty much thought it was horrible QB play by JM and BH. I didn't see it live, so I have no opinion, but these guys were ripping him for his play, behavior and press conference.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not really. Only way he moved the ball was by the Redskins doing.... as in penalty yards.

7 -16 for 65 yds??... meh... he has a ways to go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Johnny Manziel flips bird to sideline

Updated: August 19, 2014
    By Pat McManamon | ESPN.com

LANDOVER, Md. -- Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel extended his middle finger toward the Washington Redskins bench after a third-quarter incompletion during Monday night's 24-23 preseason loss.

Manziel flipped the bird toward the Redskins after the play that unfolded in front of Washington's bench.

Manziel said he had "words exchanged" with the Redskins and that he should have been smarter.

"I felt like I did a good job of holding my composure throughout the night, and you have a lapse of judgment and slip up," Johnny Manziel said of his middle finger to the Redskins in the third quarter.

Asked in his postgame news conference if he thought it was wrong, Manziel smiled before laughing.

"I mean, I didn't think it was a positive," Manziel said, before adding he couldn't blame it on distractions, repeating he had simply lost his composure.

Manziel was not penalized, though he could have been for unsportsmanlike conduct or taunting.

The NFL no doubt will review the tape, and Manziel will be subject to an $11,025 fine. He can appeal his first fine, and it can be limited to 25 percent of a weekly check of close to $6,200.

"It did not sit well," Browns coach Mike Pettine said. "I was informed of it after the game and it's disappointing. Because what we talk about is being poised and being focused -- that you have to be able to maintain your poise."

The gesture occurred with 2:28 left in the third quarter.

"That's a big part of all football players, especially the quarterback, that we have to keep our composure," Pettine said. "So that's something that we'll obviously address with him."

On a second-and-7 play, Manziel dropped back, rolled left to escape the rush and threw across his body just before reaching the sidelines. The pass to Jonathan Krause fell incomplete.

Manziel may have heard something from the home bench, because as he trotted back to the huddle in the nationally televised game he extended his middle finger over his right shoulder toward the bench.

Brian Hoyer, who is competing with Manziel for the starting quarterback job, didn't seem impressed by the gesture.

"You've got to know the cameras are always on you," Hoyer said.

It wouldn't have been the first time Manziel was "mocked" by the Redskins.

Brian Orakpo celebrated a teammate's sack of Manziel in the first quarter by giving Manziel's Drake/money gesture, for which he is well known.

After forcing the Browns to punt with Manziel at quarterback, Orakpo stopped near the yard marker in front of the Redskins sideline and again gave the money sign.

Manziel had struggled throughout the game -- going 5-for-13 for 49 yards and one sack before the gesture.

He completed the drive after the gesture with a touchdown that came on a short drop pass that Dion Lewis ran into the end zone.

"I should have been smarter," Manziel said. "The cameras were solidly on me. I need to be smarter about that."

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11373673/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-extends-middle-finger-washington-redskins[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Connor shaw just killin it out there lol
    Shaw is likely to get cut by the Browns no matter how well he plays but he could be a nice pickup for the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

After that game - I think they go with Manziel. He may not have 'won' the job, but neither has Hoyer. In that case you go with what will get fans to watch and who can win games they shouldn't with their athletic ability. That's Manziel, not Hoyer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Shaw is likely to get cut by the Browns no matter how well he plays but he could be a nice pickup for the Steelers.
    He would be a great pick up compared to what we have right now.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He would be a great pick up compared to what we have right now.
    I don't understand why Connor Shaw went undrafted because he had a pretty solid career at South Carolina. Last season he threw 24 TD's and just 1 interception plus he had the fastest 40 time of any QB at the combine. Unless they cut Rex Grossman as their third stringer I see Shaw ending up on the Browns practice squad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Brian Baldinger, Heath Evans and Willie McGinest disagree they all pretty much thought it was horrible QB play by JM and BH. I didn't see it live, so I have no opinion, but these guys were ripping him for his play, behavior and press conference.

Pappy
    I watched. They were awful