Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wallace is not a Steeler

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    You gotta step back and calm down. You're ticked off right now and I'm sure you really dont wish a "major knee injury" on Wallace.
    are you sure about that?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I agree Wallace was pouting like T.O. He was talking to Ben and Brown. He looked disgruntled as heck. Seems like he was complaining to Ben. Leftwich runs the scout team with Cotchery and Sanders, so he has better chemistry with them. I think Wallace felt he was open a few times and Leftwich looked to Sanders/Crotchery and Mikey wasnt too happy about it. He certainly wasnt putting forth full effort. The TD and not getting his feet down was pathetic. Cotchery also dropped a TD pass (Good D). Wallace had a fumble. We just couldnt make a play to save our lives

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    wishing a major injury on a player is as low as it gets.

no need for that kind of BS.
    Agreed. I am sickened by him but don't wish an injury on him. Now maybe we know why he lasted until the 3rd round?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Agreed. I am sickened by him but don't wish an injury on him. Now maybe we know why he lasted until the 3rd round?
    He was a third-round draft pick because he was raw coming out of college. He only knew how to run go patterns at Ole Miss. Seems like not a whole lot has changed, although occasionally he'll appear to put effort into something that's not a go pattern.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Would love to have had Plaxico on that same pass in the end zone that Wallace stepped out of bounds on. We're missing that tall target in that situation.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    This is why Brown is more important - he makes the tough catch & makes sure teams can't double Wallace.
    Like I have said since last season, Antonio Brown is the best WR on this team and it shows when he is out. Wallace is a complementary piece to brown and he knows it which is why he doesn't want to stay in Pittsburgh. he knows Brown's star will outshine him and his ego can't handle that.

Disgusting he didn't go low on that one throw. That is a catch an elite WR can easily make. We always argue about how Brown needs Wallace to get open. Well I think we are seeing that Wallace needs Brown to get open.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 11-19-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    wishing a major injury on a player is as low as it gets.

no need for that kind of BS.
    On this we can agree. It must be the upcoming holiday.

I never hope for an injury to a Steeler, but last night I sure wanted Haley to call a crossing pattern and see Wallace get the wind knocked out of him. His performanc elast night was that of someone who didn't care.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The first glimpse we got into Wally's apathy/disinterest/effort was in the final drive against GB in the SuperBowl. We had let go of Santonio and it was Wally's time to step up. And he just looked lost/confused/disinterested - I have no idea what to call it.

I don't know what it is. He makes big plays. He gets really excited for his teammates when they make a big play. But other times he turns into a zombie. Something's not right. Last night he looked beyond awful. But then I saw him blocking on a JD run. I was taken back. Every time he looks lost, he surprises me and does something.

Makes me wonder what's going on with him sometimes? Does he have a nagging injury? Is it a mental issue? I can't explain it, but it looks like Wally plays like the expression on Jay Cutler's face sometimes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    did they show what pattern he ran there (cant recall)

was it a hook? down and in? when was he able to turn and see the ball the full way thru? (pretty unlikely since, well.. you dont get to see the ball most of the time in this league until the last second)

afraid to get hit? by what? the ground. the ball was a good 4/5 feet short.
    I agree with you NJ. Lefty made a bad throw and skipped that ball well ahead of Wallace. No one is making that catch.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Wallace was putting Corners on their back as a blocker. Shocked me. We never said Wallace could have caught it. We are mad about the effort. I'm pissed at Wallace but AB is not a better receiver sorry. Speed is the name of the game and Wallace has it. I remember when the Nation hated Santonio Holmes for stealing the MVP from Ben (Like it was Tones fault). Wallace was praised like AB is being praised. Once Wallace leaves will the Nation turn on AB as well? Wallace blows the top off of coverage with his speed but he has got to put forth more effort. He should have had a TD pass (Didnt get feet down)