Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has the NFL ruined football ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Excellent but the trouble is, it makes too much sense.
    I agree about the central office reviews, but don't go giving the NHL any credit for making too much sense these days as yet another lockout rolls on and on and on...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd probably feel the same way if I was into hockey.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heard someone on the radio saying the NFL should get the players to sign liability waivers and agree not to sue the NFL if they want to play.

Also heard Jason Taylor on ESPN saying some guys get hurt and legitimately need help. But too many guys are involved in the lawsuits that don't need to be which is creating the problem. It's probably easier for a guy like JT not to run out of money being a high profile player at a premium position.

Maybe they should rename the NFL, the National Lawyer League.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I would also ask the question, how does boxing or UFC get a pass from these lawyers?...
    Boxing vs UFC should be the model the NFL looks at. UFC is safer because they don't wear boxing gloves and a man's knuckles can't withstand pounding into someone's skull. So the UFC doesn't have head trauma like boxing.

Same for the NFL. The problem is the helmets. If guys didn't have them, they couldn't withstand the head to head collisions. But at the same time, you can't prevent the accidental collisions, so you need some protection. I think the answer is some new material that's strong but soft that acts as a shock absorber.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Flying Elvis logo is an abomination. Your boys need to return to the old Pat Patriot logo from your avatar ASAP.
    I agree, but Mr. Goodell and Mr. Kraft do not reply to my emails.

Maybe I should try a different opening salutation - "Dear Mr. Moneygrubbing Panderer To The Lowest Common Denominator" doesn't seem to be very effective.
    Last edited by tiproast; 11-21-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I agree, but Mr. Goodell and Mr. Kraft do not reply to my emails.

Maybe I should try a different opening salutation - "Dear Mr. Moneygrubbing Panderer To The Lowest Common Denominator" doesn't seem to be very effective.
    Is Mr. Moneygrubbing Pandere, Goodell or Kraft ?
    And yes, the old Patriot Logo is the best. As a young kid I picked the Patriots as my alternate team when the Steelers were not in the playoffs just because of their logo/uniforms. Now that Kraft/Bellicheat have ruined the honesty of the game, I have no respect for the organization. Logo is still cool but, it only reminds me of how they skewed the true results of the NFL for so many seasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tiproast, you're alright.

I didn't watch more than three minutes of the game today. And, I watched it because it was on in the sports bar next to the pet store that my son and I were waiting to open. I saw the fumble on the 12 (?) yard line by Redman, and the subsequent TD for the stains. I had enough.

Had a GREAT time with him goose hunting this morning. Too bad the geese don't know it's time to come south.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]