Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed: Steelers OL to Have Different Look in '13

Legend

User Info Menu

Didn't someone on the board post something a little while back about Gilbert's injury possibly being worse than most of us thought (like potentially career-threatening type of serious)? If that's the case, then we might go for a tackle (like say Fisher in round 1 or Aboushi in round 2) to pair with Adams as our bookends for the future (if Gilbert is may not be in the future plans as a result of this injury). That and re-signing Foster might be the way to go.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope they move on from Legs he straight suck..
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I don't have any problems with Gilbert at LT. He was gonna play there sooner or later. They originally drafted him to play that very position. How quickly we forget that he played a lot for the 2011 Steelers and did just fine when he was in there. I'd still like to see Legs at C (plus draft a C in a later round like 3 or 4) and move Pouncey to LG. I thought he did a great job in there LG this year.
    By this logic we have Worilds to replace Harrison and Brown and Allen to replace Ike, Heyward to replace Keisel....should cut them to get under the cap.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Well for those of you who want younger, hungrier guys getting playing time, here you go!

Actually, I think this is the best (and most cost-effective) lineup...we just need the right OL coach...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    By this logic we have Worilds to replace Harrison and Brown and Allen to replace Ike, Heyward to replace Keisel....should cut them to get under the cap.
    You think that isn't a possibility?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Wow is that a terrible group. There is no depth there at all and counting on Beachum to start is an amazingly poor decision. Neither OT has demonstrated an ability to stay healthy, DeCastro is coming off a major knee injury, etc.

If the Steelers jettison Colon and/or don't resign Foster, that isn't the worst thing in the world, but counting on Beachum, aka Trai Essex 2.0, to start?
    I think it's a risk to not bring back Starks, but also not bringing back Foster, for depth at least, seems loco.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I think it's a risk to not bring back Starks, but also not bringing back Foster, for depth at least, seems loco.
    It will be a tough choice, I would bring back Starks as long as he didnt ask for an unreasonable amount of money
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You think that isn't a possibility?
    Not really. Steelers go cheap on offense then blame the offense for losses. Gotta have that top D to play renegade for though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    bringing back neither of your usual starting OGs from the previous season usually indicates a problem of some kind...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Ed is right, they better draft an OL in the first round.