Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No more flips into ez

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm surprised that no opposing defender has said something like, "You're 0-4 idiot, why are you celebrating?". The constant "look at me" type celebrations drive me crazy - even when we're actually good. If you wanna high-five/hip-bump a teammate or something, that's fine, but this stuff needs to go.

This is a really strange team so far this year. I don't think anyone could figure out how to cope with 0-2, 0-3, 0-4.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Another thing that seems like it should of been a fundamental team rule placed back in training camp. This team is straight up reactionary instead of being sound from top to bottom.
    I so agree...why are basics not being covered by these coaches!!! Makes you wonder about the other basics that might not be covered...hmm

Legend

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    There are some things that one would think would be; a) commonsense and/or b) unforeseeable as necessary to address when dealing with professional athletes. I guess you address those issues when it is shown that your players a) lack commonsense and/or b) show that they do not know how to act as professionals. For example, I'm sure that in Von Miller's situation, he was told many times prior to his taking drugs ... well, you get the point I'm sure.
    Le'Veon Bell flipped unnecessarily into the endzone on one of his first NFL carries....after missing a boatload of time for being injured....would of been a good opportunity there to end it, don't you think?
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell flipped unnecessarily into the endzone on one of his first NFL carries....after missing a boatload of time for being injured....would of been a good opportunity there to end it, don't you think?
    He got grace because it was his first NFL TD. He was told not to do it anymore after that. Did anyone think that someone else on the team would do it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    He got grace because it was his first NFL TD. He was told not to do it anymore after that. Did anyone think that someone else on the team would do it?
    I did and I still do...

if Sanders, Brown or any other WR not named Heath makes a big play to score a TD I would expect them to do a flip or some other crazy celebration because they live in the moment and play a GAME for our entertainment.

The 60's aren't coming back.. sorry folks. Celebrations made the NFL popular. The championship game didn't mean squat until they called it the SUPER BOWL and added a bunch of flair. The gloves, the visors, the multiple unis.. you can't gloss up the players and the league and expect players in 2013 to run back to the huddle LIKE HEATH.

If it is that upsetting..turn it off and watch the oldies because these kids are having fun playing a game. Sorry folks.. those days are done.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I did and I still do...

if Sanders, Brown or any other WR not named Heath makes a big play to score a TD I would expect them to do a flip or some other crazy celebration because they live in the moment and play a GAME for our entertainment.

The 60's aren't coming back.. sorry folks. Celebrations made the NFL popular. The championship game didn't mean squat until they called it the SUPER BOWL and added a bunch of flair. The gloves, the visors, the multiple unis.. you can't gloss up the players and the league and expect players in 2013 to run back to the huddle LIKE HEATH.

If it is that upsetting..turn it off and watch the oldies because these kids are having fun playing a game. Sorry folks.. those days are done.
    Doing crap like that, the 'Look at Me' antics, are like a black culture thing or something.

Its like the punter catching the snap, punting the ball, and moonwalking to the sideline for doing his job.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its like the punter catching the snap, punting the ball, and moonwalking to the sideline for doing his job.
    Now that would be awesome.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Doing crap like that, the 'Look at Me' antics, are like a black culture thing or something.

Yeah, because Philip Rivers and his black self need to stop his "look at me" antics ... Clay Mathews Jr. too. And while we're at it, let's tell Tom Brady he's too white bread for his antics and so on, and so on and so on.

jordynelson.jpg

I see you Jordy Nelson ... Celebrating like a black boy .. Stop that this instant!

"Black Culture" ... don't know whether to shake my head or just laugh.
    Last edited by SteelBuckeye; 10-16-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Aaron Rodgers doing his championship belt move is black culture? I think you are onto something though.. I bet your opinion is shared by more than a few. I think people like you don't recognize or get offended when white players celebrate a play because you are too busy trying to find a black player to shake your head at and tell your kids about how they are ruining the game.

Anytime a punter drops a football inside the 5 he does a look at me fist pump... anytime a FG makes a 50 yarder the holder and kicker get pumped up.

Next time don't open your yap and remove all doubt.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-16-2013 at 02:58 PM.