Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DeCastro probably a go

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I think so.

I think this is a possibility. The cap is flat for 2013, but it is supposed to go up quite a bit for 2014.
    Not to sound like a know-it-all, but this explanation is only partially right - assuming that this has not changed in the new CBA. The hit that is spread out over the two years depends on the remaining length of the contract. Only one year's value is part of the current year hit, while the remainder is accelerated into the next season.

I have found some numbers on Colon so let me try to figure it out.......

His contract was signed in 2011, and was a 5 year, $29M contract, but only a $6M SB ($1.2M per year). Now you add this season's redo, which gave him $3.8M more in SB, and he took only $700K as salary. So that adds $950K per year since that is only a 4 year SB.

Next season's cap hit will be $1.2M + $950K SB, and a $5.5M salary, for a grand total of $7.65M.

Should we cut him prior to June 1, the cap hit would be $3.6M (3 of 5 yr remaining SB from original contract) + $2.85M (3 of 4 yr remaining from last year's deal) = $6.45M

Should we cut him after June 1, the hit will be $2.15M for 2013 + $4.3M for the expected much higher cap of 2014.

Note that my numbers were just pulled from rotoworld, and do not include any workout or roster bonuses that may be included in the contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Double D's
    Potential to help us run
    And win more ball games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I like Double D's
    Potential to help us run
    And win more ball games.
    I like the other
    type of double D's also,
    like on this smiley:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Not to sound like a know-it-all, but this explanation is only partially right - assuming that this has not changed in the new CBA. The hit that is spread out over the two years depends on the remaining length of the contract. Only one year's value is part of the current year hit, while the remainder is accelerated into the next season.

I have found some numbers on Colon so let me try to figure it out.......

His contract was signed in 2011, and was a 5 year, $29M contract, but only a $6M SB ($1.2M per year). Now you add this season's redo, which gave him $3.8M more in SB, and he took only $700K as salary. So that adds $950K per year since that is only a 4 year SB.

Next season's cap hit will be $1.2M + $950K SB, and a $5.5M salary, for a grand total of $7.65M.

Should we cut him prior to June 1, the cap hit would be $3.6M (3 of 5 yr remaining SB from original contract) + $2.85M (3 of 4 yr remaining from last year's deal) = $6.45M

Should we cut him after June 1, the hit will be $2.15M for 2013 + $4.3M for the expected much higher cap of 2014.

Note that my numbers were just pulled from rotoworld, and do not include any workout or roster bonuses that may be included in the contract.
    Thanks for the breakdown.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I like Double D's
    Potential to help us run
    And win more ball games.
    she had Double D's
    saved her life in a car crash
    only had black eyes
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

"They don’t want their new right guard to talk a great game. They want him to play great."

Good! There is more than enough of that coming out of the Steelers trio of "Young Mouths" ooops I mean "Young Money"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't think that there should be any positions eliminated from the first round except QB...

When you have value and need dovetail as they did with DeCastro, that is the best of all possible worlds...but, the way that the Steelers can truly improve over the long haul is by drafting the best available player...
    This. It was the guiding philosophy of Chuck Noll's draft strategy.