Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Post game Presser including injuries

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin Post game Presser including injuries

**Tomlin - the 4th qrtr was a big step for us in terms of trying to be the team we want to be.

**Adrian Robinson - quad.

**Rainey - Rib or cartilage of some kind.

**Antonio Brown - mild high ankle sprain.

**Ben's "fumble for a TD" - I can't figure out how they call these things now!

**Fake FG - That was on me, our players overcame bad coaching. (That's what he said!!)

** Some of the D penalties called against us were suspect.

** We're winning the line of scrimmage lately.

** The trip here same day is a non-issue - in high school we used to get on the bus, whoop the other team, then ride back. It's not an issue.

** Ben's having a good year (in response to a question), but he's 5-3 just like the rest of us.

That's all (from the radio, typed as fast as I could, hope I didn't miss anything)!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good stuff, SAS. A signature game, I think.

Legend

User Info Menu

3-0 against the NFC East with only Dallas to go.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    ** Some of the D penalties called against us were suspect.
    Driving home from my in-laws listening to the radio and that statement literally made me LOL
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

**Rainey - Rib or cartilage of some kind.
    Rainey has bruised ribs and expects to have some pain early in the week, but may be able to play next week and will likely, at most, miss only one game.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Rainey has bruised ribs and expects to have some pain early in the week, but may be able to play next week and will likely, at most, miss only one game.
    Hey Aloha - Where did you hear that? Excellent news!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Coach Mike Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments

Posted by Teresa Varley on November 4, 2012

Opening Comment: We’ve got big time respect for what the Giants are capable of in the fourth so hopefully this is a big step for us in terms of trying to be the football team we desire to be. We’ll enjoy it tonight. Tomorrow we will get back to business and move forward to next week’s challenges. We had a few injuries. I don’t have the complete list. Adrian Robinson had a quad, Chris Rainey has rib or rib cartilage of some kind. Will Allen had a stinger and he was able to go back. Antonio Brown has a mild high ankle sprain. We’ll take a look at that. We don’t know what that means for him next week. The guys put their hands in the pile and delivered plays that came from a variety of places. We were down to our third string kick returner there. Emmanuel Sanders sparked them with a big return. I can’t say enough about the efforts of the players and coaches. Nice team win for us. We’ll pack it up and get out of here.

What did you tell your guys coming into this game about the emotions that would be going on today?

We didn’t talk too much about it. This is a game. What has happened here in this region this past week is life and reality. It was a little bit of an adjustment for both teams. I am sure it was more of an adjustment for the Giants. We just wanted to focus on the things we could control, which was our preparation and ultimately our play. The guys did a nice job of focusing on that.

Ben (Roethlisberger’s) fumble for a touchdown. How was that explained to you?

I didn’t ask for an explanation. I can’t figure out some of this stuff now. I just try to move on the best that I can because that’s what our guys need to do.

Can you talk about the fake field goal and how it paid off on the defensive stop?

I took a shot and the guys backed my play like I knew they would. I appreciate that. They overcome bad coaching sometimes. That’s on me. The Giants did a nice job. I tip my hat to Tom Quinn and that group over there on the special teams unit. They were ready for it. They did a nice job.

With the way Isaac (Redman) was playing did you think about going for it on fourth down?

It was a long one. You worry about penetration down there when you are working off a silent count. I thought we were winning the line of scrimmage for the majority of the game, in that situation specifically when you are working with a silent count I was concerned about false starts, I was concerned about penetration. I didn’t want to do it.

Except for the penalties your defense held a pretty good Giants offense under 200 yards. Can you talk about that?

And some of the penalties were suspect.

Your evaluation of the running game and Isaac Redman?

Next man up. He did a nice job of answering the bell and delivering for us. It starts up front. I like the personality that is developing within that group, led by guys like Maurkice Pouncey and Willie Colon. They set the pace for us. The young guy Mike Adams is doing a great job. It’s a collective effort. They are winning the line of scrimmage. It was a nice contribution by all parties involved tonight.

Can you talk about the adversity of flying on game day?

We don’t want to bring focus to that. There are a lot of people that have a lot more adversity than what we had to deal with this morning. The bottom line is we were here when they kicked the ball off. That was going to be enough. We focused on those things. We had a nice morning. I thought our guys did a nice job of handling it. We talked openly about it and we showed up at the stadium to play the game.

Can you talk about the year Ben Roethlisberger is having?

He is doing the job for us. He is 5-3 like the rest of us and we are searching for 6-3.

[URL]http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/04/coach-mike-tomlins-post-game-comments/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

HawaiianSteel - I can't see the part about Rainey maybe playing next week or missing at most one game

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers: False Rumor About Chris Rainey Injury Spreading

Chris Rainey is on the team plane home. A punctured lung and broken rib are serious injuries and require immediate attention. There is no way he would be allowed on the plane home if he had either injury or both. Especially a punctured lung which can be very dangerous if not treated immediately.

Chris Rainey was speared by a Giants player in the ribs on a kick return today during the Steelers 24-20 win. The play should have received a flag as Rainey was down and the play was blown dead before the Giants player made the hit on Rainey. No flag was thrown, however, and before making it to the sideline Rainey collapsed on the field. He was taken to a local area hospital following the play for x-rays on his ribs.

There was some thought that Rainey had broken at least one rib and that he may have punctured a lung. When that was stated many people began taking it as a fact that Rainey had broken a rib and had a punctured lung. In fact, there are already groups on Twitter asking for prayers for a quick recovery for Rainey.

The problem is that Rainey doesn’t have any broken ribs and does not have a punctured lung. Rainey has bruised ribs and expects to have some pain early in the week, but may be able to play next week and will likely, at most, miss only one game. Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review tweeted the following over an hour ago:

Chris Rainey tells me his ribs are not broken. Expects to be "really uncomfortable" for couple days but not miss game time. #Steelers

I’ll take his word over random people spreading rumors online as he covers the team and has talked face to face with Rainey after the injury. So until the Steelers give an official report you can stop worrying about Rainey because it seems about 99.9% percent that he is not seriously injured and should be back soon.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/steelers_false_rumor_about_chris_rainey_injury_spr eading/12132142[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

They should refund one of Ryan Clark's fines from earlier as an apology for that BS call