Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: I was wrong

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    For instance, after making another correct prediction, I posted, "If anyone wants more predictions from me, you can get them by paying me for them." And yet, a mod PMd me wanting to know what I charged, all in an attempt to prove I was soliciting business and that was against board rules.
    Bwahahahahah. Now thats funny!! I also would like to know how much you charge for your correct predictions. Do you accept payment plans?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Bwahahahahah. Now thats funny!! I also would like to know how much you charge for your correct predictions. Do you accept payment plans?
    This guy takes himself so serious he cant see the jokes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    Shhhhhh, I will be kicked off for attempting solicitation if I give you my picks for pay. I just know so many are going to want to pay me for my picks. It's completely believable.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This guy takes himself so serious he cant see the jokes.
    No, the joke is actually on you.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    It turns out Pgh wasn't going overboard with lifting heavy free weights in the season - they are doing the exact opposite, and THAT is likely leading to all the injuries. It turns out that Pgh mostly uses machines for weight training, and THAT is the problem. Machines don't allow for the huge benefit of muscles stabilizing the chain and core, which is a huge benefit of free weights. That would explain why SF was so low in injuries, because they do lots of free weight work.

Reality is, Pgh has only two power racks in their entire gym. Sources say they use more machines than any other team and free weights are virtually non-existent. My source says every single NFL team uses more free weight training than do the Steelers.

So, I was right in that something in their training was likely to be adding to injuries, but it was the exact opposite of what I thought. It appears Pgh is pretty lax in what they require players to do in the weight room, and they are under the false belief that cutting out most all of free weights is safer. They are not benefiting from the stabilizing effect of free weight training, as all other clubs are.
    It has Nothing to do with weights, its ALL about TALENT! 2 to 3 yrs before we are competitive again

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docsteelholiday View Post
    It has Nothing to do with weights, its ALL about TALENT! 2 to 3 yrs before we are competitive again
    What's gonna make us magically competitive in 2 or 3 years? There seems to be 0 basis for that prediction.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Get some Pilates trainers in there besides changing there weight training...they do have a serious problem...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Get some Pilates trainers in there besides changing there weight training...they do have a serious problem...
    Just make everyone do whatever Ike does.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What's gonna make us magically competitive in 2 or 3 years? There seems to be 0 basis for that prediction.
    Tomlin will be gone (fingers crossed). It didn't take Carroll and Harbaugh long to turn around the Seahawks and 49ers. We just need a coach not a "Rooney Rule example." Someone who can actually can evaluate talent, hire the right coordinators, get their team ready to play, make halftime adjustments and make the right in game decisions. Tomlin has zero of that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    you want the reason for Woodley's hammy pulls?

That ninja kick crap he does after a sack. Probably started there and just kept getting worse.
    While that is the most STUPID looking awkward celebrations ever, it comes after A SACK. Definitely not the cause of his recent injuries.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher