Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching the Ravens.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watching the Ravens.....

....as of now, I think they are heads and shoulders above Pgh right now. We aren't even in the same league with them. Not only is their D still formidable, their O is actually explosive now. I think Balt. is a true contender, and Pgh is hovering around average. But it's a long season and things can change. But right now? Pgh isn't in their class and would probably lose by 20 or 30 points.

It's not a good feeling. We wait all year, for this? I know, we are spoiled, but that doesn't change that seeing Pgh so beat up so quickly, and suffering from not very good draft picks to re-stock, is not a fun state of being.

Legend

User Info Menu

They are taking apart the Bengals right now

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I felt worse last season when the Ravens beat the heck out of us 35-7 in the first game and yet we still made it to the playoffs...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great Post!! Lets crown 'em before the Replacement Refs do something stupid and take their Rings away.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Great Post!! Lets crown 'em before the Replacement Refs do something stupid and take their Rings away.
    I don't think he's crowning them, but the Ravens are doing two things tonight that caused the Steelers to look pedestrian last night: run the no huddle and play good pressure defense. The Steelers are going to have to solve some mysteries to play effectively against the Ravens.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

I didnt feel too bad after our season opener last year because other than the 7 turnovers, which caused the lopsided score, the stats were even. Again, Ben was responsible for several of those turnovers including at least one WTF throw right to Ed Reed. I was confident we could beat them the second time. And we nearly did if not for another WTF throw from Ben that stopped a drive and the Torrey Smith pushoff on Gay that wasnt called (and several other questionable things that went the Rats way that night).

I didn't see the Jets play so I dont know what we face next week but I trust the coaches will get things figured out. Meanwhile the Rats are pretty full of themselves (of course Horri-baugh or Hairball, whatever his name is always full of himself) but I expect they will come back down to earth next week against the Iggles.

Its just one game like Woodley said. And for all the hate'n on LeBeau, he wasn't passive and scared when we played Marsha and the Patsies last year. If I remember we won that one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    ....as of now, I think they are heads and shoulders above Pgh right now. We aren't even in the same league with them. Not only is their D still formidable, their O is actually explosive now. I think Balt. is a true contender, and Pgh is hovering around average. But it's a long season and things can change. But right now? Pgh isn't in their class and would probably lose by 20 or 30 points.

It's not a good feeling. We wait all year, for this? I know, we are spoiled, but that doesn't change that seeing Pgh so beat up so quickly, and suffering from not very good draft picks to re-stock, is not a fun state of being.
    hmmm, those same Ravens as last season that womped on the Steelers in week 1 and followed it up with a pathetic loss to the Titans in wk 2?? Bad losses happen, good teams learn from them and get better. I am not panicking just yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers D always starts the season slow and then we end up #1 by years end. Our O was looking good until a few mistakes at the end. Plus, Manning is a great QB and hadnt played in well over a year. He had time to rest his body and do film study. The guy is a machie and I expected exactly what he did last night.

Time will tell, but I think we will be right in the thick of things at the end of the year.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post

Im sorry but this is total nonsense. Big difference between playing Peyton Manning on the road, and playing the freaking Bungles at home.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

game1 with limited preseason reps. Burgh rises from here.
    Ravens are solid, nothing more.