Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers reasoning for letting Lewis go...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    And with that said,...Woodley was the attempt to Draft a physically prototypical Steeler tweener outside backer like Joey or Gildon after stepping on their ducks with the Tampa 2 Colts reach of Timmons in the first to placate Tomlin. Seemed like the safety valve pick,..but turns out not so much because of his (Woodley's) "Man i shooo just love being relevant as well as cupcakes and Champagne" shenanigans. lol

Is Worilds really the solution ? And if not,... what is really up for any debate ?
    I really am not sure what you are saying here. But irregardless, the debate would be whether to cut ties with Woodley with his guaranteed money vs. going with Woirlds and his unpredictable free agency market.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Rookie

User Info Menu

Timmons wasn't a reach...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm not sure who was to blame but there's no way Ike would have given Thomas the inside if he had no help. I think it was Mundy that should have been helping him.

Ike gets beat by his lack of ball awareness sometimes, but he usually doesn't get beat because of his lack of coverage. Ike gives cushions and makes tackles, but he doesn't give a guy 80 yards worth of cushion.

I blame Lebeau for a lack of game plan in that game. And Ben for a sporadic offense.
    I blame that loss on Lebeau. Lebeau acted as if Tebow had no arms and only legs. A no talented quarterback could have made that pass when you send receivers out with no one to defend them. Oh yeah, that's what happened.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wonder who made the decision to bench Lewis after he lost his cool in a preseason game. I repeat...PRESEASON. Thanks Tomlib..lol.

As far as depth chart and such... I blame FO, Lebeau, Tomlin. I dont blame Lake at all and Lewis credited Lake with helping his development.

Its a shame that the Saints called Lewis and said he was their #1 FA. No need for new suit (he was going to buy one) just show up because they were sold already. I wish we were sold on him instead of some of our older vets.

Maybe Lewis walks regardless but an offer on our end would show that WE valued his services.
    I agree. Sometimes I feel our Steelers area farm team. Discover them, teach them for a few years, invest money into them and teach them everything they need to know and then allow them to leave. I thought for sure they were grooming Lewis for a Steelers future.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I agree. Sometimes I feel our Steelers area farm team. Discover them, teach them for a few years, invest money into them and teach them everything they need to know and then allow them to leave. I thought for sure they were grooming Lewis for a Steelers future.
    Keenan Lewis wanted to go home to Louisiana and only an exorbitant amount of money was going to stop him from doing that. He took less than the Vikings offered him to play for the Saints. The Steelers weren't keeping Lewis or, if they did, we'd all be bemoaning the huge contract that the Steelers gave him to stay. It just wasn't in the cards for Lewis and the Steelers.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Keenan Lewis wanted to go home to Louisiana and only an exorbitant amount of money was going to stop him from doing that. He took less than the Vikings offered him to play for the Saints. The Steelers weren't keeping Lewis or, if they did, we'd all be bemoaning the huge contract that the Steelers gave him to stay. It just wasn't in the cards for Lewis and the Steelers.

Pappy
    Pap, I don't know how many times this has been said. I don't know if some posters just don't get it or if they just want to ramble for page after page about a non-issue?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Steelers have missed lot of their draft picks lately and they are unable to retain players who show talent. Defensive players are developed slowly because they are still trying to grasp Leabeau's Defensive play book.

For a team which is built on draft it is a receipe for disaster.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Pap, I don't know how many times this has been said. I don't know if some posters just don't get it or if they just want to ramble for page after page about a non-issue?
    I don't believe I'm rambling with my questions or comments. I asked a question and pap answered it. I do have an additional question for pap, if you don't mind ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pappy
    pap, was he always this way with what he wanted when he arrived to the Steelers or just something closer to his last season ? I ask this because if that was his wishes/attitude you would think the Steelers would have not wasted in my opinion a roster spot for this guy. Sign or develop another guy that wants to be a Steeler and remain a Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    Does Keenan want to go home if he see's the field a year earlier? There is no way anyone can tell me this kid didn't have "it" and wouldn't have balled out if given a fair shot.