Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I still would draft T'eo and Minter!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don't need an education on catfishing and GM's shouldn't either. I don't want a player in our locker room who needs to be defended or given the benefit of the doubt because a guy was in love with him and knew how to change his voice to a female. This guy was phone boning for hours with a dude... A DUDE.

Everyone else who fell for the Lennay hoax figured it out in a month... this guy ran on TV acting like she was his soul mate and he never met her. That's odd... creepy and a little sad.

However, you fail to see the bigger picture... why entertain this pick at 17, with this weird story, average combine times, no senior bow and Lacy tossing him aside like a rag doll when you can get the same thing in the 2nd or 3rd round without the circus?
    So you just ignore the fact that there was an actual woman on the phone with him? You have a major problem with T'eo to the point you wont even listen to facts and that makes one wonder...hmmmm?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    So you just ignore the fact that there was an actual woman on the phone with him? You have a major problem with T'eo to the point you wont even listen to facts and that makes one wonder...hmmmm?
    I wat hed Ranaih tell an interviewer he did the voice. This story is the main reason I dont want him. Its weird. I also think he's overvalued.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wat hed Ranaih tell an interviewer he did the voice. This story is the main reason I dont want him. Its weird. I also think he's overvalued.
    See..this is the difference between you and I. I believe Manti T'eo, a good kid who has never had any negative problems on our off the field, and you believe Ranaih Tuiosospo, a twisted young man, with a boat load of emotional problems, and one who deliberately deceived someone.

There it is there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The thing that cracks me up is we talk about how bad he played in the Championship game (and I admit he didnt play great), but he still had 10 tackles (total), in that game. And that get's lost because he was under so much scrutiny. He had to dominate or he was going to be criticized. If him getting 10 tackles is the result of him having a poor performance, then the NFL is in for a treat should he put it all together at the next level.
    Dee,
    You and I and everyone else who watched that game know that the reason he had "10 tackles" is simply because he (and the rest of the team) missed so many tackles early, that the game quickly became a rout. Because of that, much of bama's game plan turned into vanilla, runs up the gut to kill the game (time). When the game was on the line, I watched Lacy tip-toe and scamper right through the middle part of ND's defense effortlessly (Nix was a non-factor too apparently).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm glad someone brought it up because that is a HUGE reason why questions remain around Te'o. If you don't belive it, you are kidding yourself. If Te'o is gay or if they can't distinguish a defintive yes or no answer...Teams won't want him in the locker room. Nothing aginst the gay community or Te'o personally...But that is 100% accurate in an NFL lockeroom.

There is too much uncertainty and holes in all of this mess to believe anything is accurate. Te'o is either the dumbest kid alive or a liar and a good actor. You call a girl you talk to online or phone that you never met you girlfriend? Get so intimately involved with her by speech & type? Everything and anything can be said to protect himself because no evidence of anything can be gathered. He could say he met her, kissed her, whatever he wants and it is all word of mouth. Timeline and statements say Te'o found out (presumably) it was a hoax but continued to play it out. Again, dumbest kid alive or a liar and a good actor. The biggest crack in all of this is Te'o knew Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. How well? Is Ronaiah Tuiasosopo in damage control to help a friend? Since Te'o admitted to finding it was a hoax and continued on...He has no credibility in my eyes.

So he is a good football player. But he may be gay, a dumb kid, a liar, and untrustworthy. So Eliminate the Gay....Because that can't be in the locker room. Players will find it difficult to put trust in him and follow his leadership. The NFL locker room isn't your high school - college locker room. These are men and their livelyhood. It is harsh and bitter with alot of egos and personalities. Te'o can succeed...If he isn't gay. I find a hard time believing that will ever be overcome. It won't be easy early on. He needs to be put in the right settings, with the right coach, and the right players. He needs to be plugged into a defense that has a large leadership prescence in place to succeed early. He will need to step in and earn the respect of the vets and become a great teammate. The vets will set the example for the rest of the team to follow. There are a handful of teams out there in mind. I'm not sure the Steelers is one of them. I hate to say this but the best scenario would have been the Ravens with Lewis, Ngata, Suggs, & Reed surrounding him. If he earned their respect and they would accept him as a teammate early and his career would be gravy from that moment on.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 02-28-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Dee,
    You and I and everyone else who watched that game know that the reason he had "10 tackles" is simply because he (and the rest of the team) missed so many tackles early, that the game quickly became a rout. Because of that, much of bama's game plan turned into vanilla, runs up the gut to kill the game (time). When the game was on the line, I watched Lacy tip-toe and scamper right through the middle part of ND's defense effortlessly (Nix was a non-factor too apparently).
    This morning on Mike and MIke both Herm Edwards and mark Schlereth said the problem with T'eo is that he has faltered under the "bright lights" of the Nat'l Champuionship Game and the Combine. Both also felt that the way we struggled to get off blocks against Alabama is probably the one thing that should and is concerning teams the most because he will be going against O Linemen even better than Bama.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I'm glad someone brought it up because that is a HUGE reason why questions remain around Te'o. If you don't belive it, you are kidding yourself. If Te'o is gay or if they can't distinguish a defintive yes or no answer...Teams won't want him in the locker room. Nothing aginst the gay community or Te'o personally...But that is 100% accurate in an NFL lockeroom.

There is too much uncertainty and holes in all of this mess to believe anything is accurate. Te'o is either the dumbest kid alive or a liar and a good actor. You call a girl you talk to online or phone that you never met you girlfriend? Get so intimately involved with her by speech & type? Everything and anything can be said to protect himself because no evidence of anything can be gathered. He could say he met her, kissed her, whatever he wants and it is all word of mouth. Timeline and statements say Te'o found out (presumably) it was a hoax but continued to play it out. Again, dumbest kid alive or a liar and a good actor. The biggest crack in all of this is Te'o knew Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. How well? Is Ronaiah Tuiasosopo in damage control to help a friend? Since Te'o admitted to finding it was a hoax and continued on...He has no credibility in my eyes.

So he is a good football player. But he may be gay, a dumb kid, a liar, and untrustworthy. So Eliminate the Gay....Because that can't be in the locker room. Players will find it difficult to put trust in him and follow his leadership. The NFL locker room isn't your high school - college locker room. These are men and their livelyhood. It is harsh and bitter with alot of egos and personalities. Te'o can succeed...If he isn't gay. I find a hard time believing that will ever be overcome. It won't be easy early on. He needs to be put in the right settings, with the right coach, and the right players. He needs to be plugged into a defense that has a large leadership prescence in place to succeed early. He will need to step in and earn the respect of the vets and become a great teammate. The vets will set the example for the rest of the team to follow. There are a handful of teams out there in mind. I'm not sure the Steelers is one of them. I hate to say this but the best scenario would have been the Ravens with Lewis, Ngata, Suggs, & Reed surrounding him. If he earned their respect and they would accept him as a teammate early and his career would be gravy from that moment on.
    Look I really can't defend him on this because I do not know him personally but all indications point to him not being gay. Again he fell for a picture of a woman, not a picture of a man. And I have shown that it was a women who was actually talking to him on the phone. The voice mails he played on the Katie Couric Show sounded like a womans voice. But if people want to doubt him and believe the unstable, dishonest, deceitful Raniah Tiuososopo, then have at.

Swarbrick said that the relationship took place online and over the phone. Te'o had described staying on the phone with whom he thought was Kekua for hours each night over many months. Tuiasosopo's friend from church told ESPN that Tuiasosopo admitted to having his female cousin speak to Te'o over the phone.

[url]http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8857057/friend-says-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confessed-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post

I do not doubt the accuracy of this opinion...

But, it reflects a sad, sad state of affairs in the NFL if a typical locker room cannot handle a gay player...

It is shameful...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Look I really can't defend him on this because I do not know him personally but all indications point to him not being gay. Again he fell for a picture of a woman, not a picture of a man. And I have shown that it was a women who was actually talking to him on the phone. The voice mails he played on the Katie Couric Show sounded like a womans voice. But if people want to doubt him and believe the unstable, dishonest, deceitful Raniah Tiuososopo, then have at.

Swarbrick said that the relationship took place online and over the phone. Te'o had described staying on the phone with whom he thought was Kekua for hours each night over many months. Tuiasosopo's friend from church told ESPN that Tuiasosopo admitted to having his female cousin speak to Te'o over the phone.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8857057/friend-says-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confessed-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax[/URL]
    Like I said, eliminate the Gay part. If there is evidence he is gay....He may go undrafted. Fair or not arguments aside...What Owner/GM/Coach will bring that into the lcoker room? I personally don't think he is because there was reports he had a girl he spent time with after her death. Whom he talked to on the phone doesn't matter. Even if you believe he was truely a victim up to the point where he found out it was a hoax...He did the wrong thing from that point forward and took steps to let it play out.

We all know how ILBs fall in the draft. Te'O's workout didn't help him and neither did the NC game. Personally, I think eliminating the hoax and basing it solely on his tape and taking into account his workout....He gets picked in the 1st round. Maybe at the end but still a 1st rounder. The "Hoax" could have him fall into the 2nd round and depending on the right situation for a team to make the pick. Since it seems the more stable teams are picking later year in and year out....He could fall to the end of the second. Not saying that it will happen but I would not be shocked in the lease bit if it does.

Many forget that college players measureables get better the first three years into the NFL. Strength, weight, speed, & quickness are a very large part of the growing process as an NFL player early. The players don't have the same programs at the collegate level. You can see the skillset and uncoachable traits coming out and build on the rest. I'm not saying you make a 4.8 guy a 4.4 guy but it would be realistic to increase a players speed 1-2 tenths with the "slower" cases having more effect. Some players grow significantly more as players because of work ethic or being raw and thats why you see late rounders become stars. Can't measure dedication of a player after he gets a paycheck. Added strength and improved quickness can be seen. Combine that with a player who becomes more technically sound & gets experience the sky is the limit. Te'o might not be a three down player in his first couple years but that doesn't mean he can't get better. If Foote can come out as a 4.8 guy and have the career he did...Anything is possible!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I do not doubt the accuracy of this opinion...

But, it reflects a sad, sad state of affairs in the NFL if a typical locker room cannot handle a gay player...

It is shameful...
    It is....And who can ever challange it? That makes it even more shameful.