Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams stabbed...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mike Adams stabbed...

in a robbery attempt. No further details.

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Offensive-Tackle-Mike-Adams-Recovering-From-Stabbing-Incident/55611104-805a-4082-bc9d-ee8d5ca6a1d6[/url]

Steelers' Offensive Tackle Mike Adams Recovering From Stabbing Incident

Pittsburgh Steelers second-year offensive tackle [URL="http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/mike-adams/baa7fbda-a15c-4908-99ea-22bf07f00565/"]Mike Adams[/URL] was injured and is hospitalized after being stabbed in an apparent robbery attempt early Saturday morning in Pittsburgh’s South Side.

“We are aware of the situation regarding Mike Adams being stabbed earlier this morning,” Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert said. “We are in direct communication with both Mike and his family. Mike is expected to make a full recovery."

Adams was drafted in the second round (56th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft and was the winner of the Joe Greene Great Performance Award, given to the outstanding Steelers rookie. He started six of the 10 games in which he played in 2012.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brings back to mind what we warned about as far as letting Max go...one incident like this, and you could be looking at Mr. Whimper in the starting lineup.

I'm praying that Adams will make a full recovery, as they said he will, and that it will happen quickly.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He went into surgery to repair the wound and is expected to make a full recovery. He tweeted about it so he can't be all too bad.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers' Mike Adams hospitalized after stabbing on Pittsburgh's South Side

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    June 1, 2013

Steelers tackle Mike Adams was stabbed in the stomach as he tried to stop three or four men from stealing his truck from his South Side home early today, his agent said this afternoon.

The second-year tackle, who was the team's rookie of the year in 2012, was recovering but remained hospitalized, the team said.

"He'll be OK," agent Eric Metz of Phoenix said. "He told me he was lucky. He'll be ready for training camp."

At 11:28 a.m., Mr. Adams posted this on his Twitter account: "I have an angel lookin' out for me! I'll be ok. Just gotta fight to get back harder than ever."

Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert added in a news release: "We are aware of the situation regarding Mike Adams being stabbed earlier this morning. We are in direct communication with both Mike and his family. Mike is expected to make a full recovery."

Pittsburgh police did not immediately respond to a request for more information. Mr. Metz said he was told that one of the robbers dropped a cell phone, which police had recovered.

Mr. Metz said the 6-foot-7, 323-pound right tackle had surgery at UPMC Mercy. He said he was told that the knife wound involved no vital organs.

With the Mercer County native at the hospital were his mother, Heidi Taylor, his grandmother, Mr. Colbert and Steelers security staff members, Mr. Metz said.

Mr. Adams was slated to start at right tackle this upcoming season. An ankle injury ended his season after he played in 10 games last year.

"He's worked too hard to let a few morons screw it up for him," Mr. Metz said.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...h-side-689958/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Brings back to mind what we warned about as far as letting Max go...one incident like this, and you could be looking at Mr. Whimper in the starting lineup.

I'm praying that Adams will make a full recovery, as they said he will, and that it will happen quickly.
    First, as a person, I'm hoping he's fine. Hate to see robbery/stabbing happen to anybody.

Having said that, I agree with you. Whimper was a scary signing. Didn't get it... still don't.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    First, as a person, I'm hoping he's fine. Hate to see robbery/stabbing happen to anybody.
    True - robberies can happen in any big city in the world.

Hope he recovers quickly - there's a game on Nov 3 where it would good if both teams are at full strength.

Legend

User Info Menu

Glad he's going to be okay.

Backup

User Info Menu

Adams has proven once again that nothing good happens when you're out after 2 am. The stabbing incident took place at 3 am, and if Adams had half a brain he wouldn't have been out at that time of the morning.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    Adams has proven once again that nothing good happens when you're out after 2 am. The stabbing incident took place at 3 am, and if Adams had half a brain he wouldn't have been out at that time of the morning.
    They must not of taught reading at backwoods redneck high where you went. Musta slipped in Cooking Meth 101 and advanced courses in boning your sister. Otherwise you'd have known that the robbery occurred at his home.