Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In case you missed it....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is interesting, because I think I read that PFF rated his performance the worst on offense yesterday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It is interesting, because I think I read that PFF rated his performance the worst on offense yesterday.
    Yes. PFF graded DeCastro's game as second worst on the team yesterday. Troy got the "honors" with a -4.4, while DeCastro allowing 5 hurries graded at -3.1.... so somebody saw something others didn't...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yes. PFF graded DeCastro's game as second worst on the team yesterday. Troy got the "honors" with a -4.4, while DeCastro allowing 5 hurries graded at -3.1.... so somebody saw something others didn't...
    I'll take a -4.4 in a win over a +5 in a loss. I didn't hear Suh's name one time... I'll take it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If PFF was meaningful with DeCastro's -3.1...The Suh & Fairley should have graded -9.0 I'll believe my eyes & ears. My eyes say a frustrated Suh & Fairley. My ears didn't hear the name Suh & Fariley called. Decastro & Velasco battled all day. Those boys were a handful & to be honest...That was one of the biggest reason the Steelers won that game. Decastro & the interior made sure they weren't a factor when BB dropped back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Foster looks like a T and Beachum looks like a G. Not sure why we never tried to switch them up?
    Beachum doesn't have the strength to play inside. He'd get tossed around.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I am assuming that PFF does not take into account the size of the task a player faces in judging his performance. For example, as a fan, if Decastro is walked back two yards most plays, but keeps the QB clean against a guy like Suh, Fairley, Ngata, Atkins etc., that is fairly successful. If the same thing happens when facing a weaker DT/NT, then that is failure. Would an interior lineman be given the same grade for a job done against Suh ans McLendon? If so then their marking is flawed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I am assuming that PFF does not take into account the size of the task a player faces in judging his performance. For example, as a fan, if Decastro is walked back two yards most plays, but keeps the QB clean against a guy like Suh, Fairley, Ngata, Atkins etc., that is fairly successful. If the same thing happens when facing a weaker DT/NT, then that is failure. Would an interior lineman be given the same grade for a job done against Suh ans McLendon? If so then their marking is flawed.
    You are probably right. I doubt the ability of the opponent is taken into account. So a -2 against a guy like JJ Watt would be considered good, where as a -2 against a guy like Ziggy Hood...not so good.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You are probably right. I doubt the ability of the opponent is taken into account. So a -2 against a guy like JJ Watt would be considered good, where as a -2 against a guy like Ziggy Hood...not so good.
    Come on Shawn, I think you've got that backwards.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    If PFF was meaningful with DeCastro's -3.1...The Suh & Fairley should have graded -9.0 I'll believe my eyes & ears. My eyes say a frustrated Suh & Fairley. My ears didn't hear the name Suh & Fariley called. Decastro & Velasco battled all day. Those boys were a handful & to be honest...That was one of the biggest reason the Steelers won that game. Decastro & the interior made sure they weren't a factor when BB dropped back.
    Fairley: 3 total tackles, 1 sack

Suh: 0 tackles, 0 sacks

Yeah, DeCastro was horrible...

Legend

User Info Menu

Yinzer bringing up a good point. I don't subscribe to PFF, but it would certainly be interesting to know how Fairley and Suh graded out for the game....