Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone EVER heard of....

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember when Troy said that. It was surprising to me too.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

I discussed it with a guy who trains NFL athletes, and he said he thought it was PED related and said that every guy over 30 in the NFL is taking some form of them, and the muscles build faster, but the tendons and scar tissue don't repair as quickly so there is a better chance to aggravate the initial injury and then it takes longer to heal. I'm not saying Troy is on PED's, but that was info I got from a guy who trains players in our division, and had a short stint as a player in the NFL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't know he was that along with his career. Where did we get him from ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I didn't know he was that along with his career. Where did we get him from ?
    Tampa Bay.

I was a student at OSU when he started at safety for the '02 national title team. He was good in college but never thought he would last this long in the NFL. He's been a nice pickup....a lot better than Mundy!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    My personal opinion is these guys diets suck , they get away with a lot of stuff when they're 25, but when they get in their 30s their bodies are under nourished and don't heal as fast. Especially with the amount of stress they put on themselves.

I once heard Troy say that sometimes when he gets injured, he and his wife sit around and watch movies and eat junk food to clear his mind. These guys make millions....snicker bars and soda pop aren't good for you!
    I thought Troy was a health food nut (to the point that he refused to even drink Gatorade on the sidelines because of the sugar content...he would only drink water during games).

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What is the problem here? Is the assertion that Troy isn't working hard enough to rehab? Does it matter if the STeelers are not fully forthcoming to the press about injuries. It seems to me that most teams in most major sports reveal as little as possible about injuries in order to hide potential weaknesses from their opponents. (BTW, the Ravens are under fire right now for not including Ed Reed on an injury report because he has a shoulder injury which has not caused him to miss a game.) Why get angry about teams hiding injury info? Most successful franchises do this. Am I missing the point?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    What is the problem here? Is the assertion that Troy isn't working hard enough to rehab? Does it matter if the STeelers are not fully forthcoming to the press about injuries. It seems to me that most teams in most major sports reveal as little as possible about injuries in order to hide potential weaknesses from their opponents. (BTW, the Ravens are under fire right now for not including Ed Reed on an injury report because he has a shoulder injury which has not caused him to miss a game.) Why get angry about teams hiding injury info? Most successful franchises do this. Am I missing the point?
    some fans are mad because they want total access... lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Is that the year he took the pain shot before the playoff game and it hit his nerve?
    No, that was another season. This one was at the very beginning of the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    some fans are mad because they want total access... lol
    Since TimeWarner and NFL Network came to an agreement earlier this season, pretty much all of us should have total access now.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    I discussed it with a guy who trains NFL athletes, and he said he thought it was PED related and said that every guy over 30 in the NFL is taking some form of them, and the muscles build faster, but the tendons and scar tissue don't repair as quickly so there is a better chance to aggravate the initial injury and then it takes longer to heal. I'm not saying Troy is on PED's, but that was info I got from a guy who trains players in our division, and had a short stint as a player in the NFL.
    A great more players are on PEDs than most of us realize. In order to get caught, you have to almost try to get caught; you have to be really stupid. When millions of $s are involved, and getting away with it is very easy, it's logical to think the use would be pretty rampant. Also, once someone is busted, note what their performance does after wards (as they are tested more often after they are busted, hence can't keep using them). Look at the production of players like Shawn Merriman after he got snipped; He was NEVER a good player again.