Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Re-Shining The Steel Curtain: Steelers 2014 Draft Scores Big

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    my biggest problem with it is it seemed too focused on "speed"... i hope that was a coincidence and not a fascination....

Give me the guy who runs 4.6 but, is a football player instead of the guy who runs 4.3 and is a track star...
    If you have any doubts that Shazier is a "football player" you haven't watched him play or don't want to see what he does on the field. He looked as good as any LB drafted in the first couple of rounds.

I love the pick. He is exactly the type of LB you need in the pass first and pass often NFL. Many wanted to criticize Tomlin liking "run and hit" LBs, but if you take a look at it that is exactly what the NFL is going to and Tomlin was ahead of the curve from the time he got here.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He lost me at Bryant being an athletic marvel. Talk about hyperbole.
    6-5 and runs a sub 4.40... that's very impressive.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If AP comes through the hole and lowers his shoulders, what happens if Shazier lowers HIS shoulders even lower?

Legend

User Info Menu

Peterson's listed at 6'1" 217 lbs. Even if Shazier were to lose the 20 lbs. he gained prior to the combine, he would then still be the same size as Peterson. It's not as if Shazier would be plowed over like the 5'10" 190 lbs. Will Gay or anything.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Peterson's listed at 6'1" 217 lbs. Even if Shazier were to lose the 20 lbs. he gained prior to the combine, he would then still be the same size as Peterson. It's not as if Shazier would be plowed over like the 5'10" 190 lbs. Will Gay or anything.
    Besides, it looks like Shazier actually knows how to properly tackle. It's not like he's just going to try and knock the guy down with force, he's going to wrap him up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think sheer weight determines who gets plowed over. As I recall, Gay was standing straight up and stationary when Peterson suddenly appeared in front of him. If a DB hasn't broken down into tackling position, with shoulders forward and legs driving, a lot of them will get run over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I don't think sheer weight determines who gets plowed over. As I recall, Gay was standing straight up and stationary when Peterson suddenly appeared in front of him. If a DB hasn't broken down into tackling position, with shoulders forward and legs driving, a lot of them will get run over.
    Simple physics: Force = mass X acceleration. Shazier has always had plenty of acceleration, and he also increased his mass recently as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

AP has ran over, around and through a ton of LB's. I'm not worried about Shazier vs AP.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    6-5 and runs a sub 4.40... that's very impressive.
    Impressive maybe...athletic marvel? Nah, I use that term for someone like Adrian Peterson or a young Randy Moss.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Impressive maybe...athletic marvel? Nah, I use that term for someone like Adrian Peterson or a young Randy Moss.
    Or a Calvin Johnson. Calling Bryant an "athletic marvel" is a bit of a stretch and homerism at it's finest.

I like the Bryant pick but he does catch the ball in a bit of a unorthodox way and he lets the ball get to his body to much IMO. I will give the FO the benefit of the doubt on this one though... they seem to do a solid job at drafting WRs.