Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post game SB interviews revealed why Ravens are better: chemistry

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Do you know how to perceive the abundantly obvious?
    I sure do. That's why I was thinking that you must have had some additional information because what you were saying was NOT abundantly obvious.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Joey Porter was OUR Ray Lewis, heck he told ray to get out of the bus so he could kick his arse.
    Joey was missed in that regard, so where is our next Jpeezy?

[url]http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2008/11/Joey_Porter_01.jpg[/url]
    Last edited by supersteeler; 02-06-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I sure do. That's why I was thinking that you must have had some additional information because what you were saying was NOT abundantly obvious.
    Hmmm, so a guy who is under contract blows off all team activities until the season starts and when he does show up, he gives less than a half effort and mops around every where, drops easy balls, laughs when he drops TD passes, won't bend over to catch ball below his waist....and you think he was doing a bang up job in team unity? Another player fumbles balls all the time and got so jaded at one point he didn't even show up on game day. And in your judgment, that guy was, simultaneously to all that, offering strong team unity as well? What color is the sky in "Oblivious Land?"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Joey Porter was OUR Ray Lewis, heck he told ray to get out of the bus so he could kick his arse.
    Joey was missed in that regard, so where is our next Jpeezy?

[URL]http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2008/11/Joey_Porter_01.jpg[/URL]
    I've wondered that myself. Our top D playmakers (Troy/Deebo) are both cold-blooded assassins, not smack talkers. I thought maybe Woodley might be that guy, but he kind of fell off last year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hmmm, so a guy who is under contract blows off all team activities until the season starts and when he does show up, he gives less than a half effort and mops around every where, drops easy balls, laughs when he drops TD passes, won't bend over to catch ball below his waist....and you think he was doing a bang up job in team unity? Another player fumbles balls all the time and got so jaded at one point he didn't even show up on game day. And in your judgment, that guy was, simultaneously to all that, offering strong team unity as well? What color is the sky in "Oblivious Land?"
    I'm not sure who you are talking about for the first guy. Since you called out Wallace earlier I thought you might mean him but he didn't blow off any team activities while under contract. He also led the team in TD's even though he had a down year. I'm also guessing the next guy is RM since you called him out earlier too. I would have no idea how either of them contributed, or not, to team unity. I'm not the one claiming that they were saying divisive things to their team mates. That's why I was asking for whatever evidence you had that showed that they were. Baron Batch had a crappy year too, but you don't seem to be saying that he was being divisive.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not sure who you are talking about for the first guy. Since you called out Wallace earlier I thought you might mean him but he didn't blow off any team activities while under contract. He also led the team in TD's even though he had a down year. I'm also guessing the next guy is RM since you called him out earlier too. I would have no idea how either of them contributed, or not, to team unity. I'm not the one claiming that they were saying divisive things to their team mates. That's why I was asking for whatever evidence you had that showed that they were. Baron Batch had a crappy year too, but you don't seem to be saying that he was being divisive.
    There is a vast difference between a crappy year and being so disgruntled that you fail to even show up for game day. So, in your world when a team deactivates the starting RB for reasons other than an injury, that it's a sign that the player must have a really great team attitude? And then when same player doesn't even physically show up for game day, it is more evidence of showcasing team unity?

Seriously. You don't see these cases of obvious wet turd attitudes? You are oblivious to seeing the obvious?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is a vast difference between a crappy year and being so disgruntled that you fail to even show up for game day. So, in your world when a team deactivates the starting RB for reasons other than an injury, that it's a sign that the player must have a really great team attitude? And then when same player doesn't even physically show up for game day, it is more evidence of showcasing team unity?

Seriously. You don't see these cases of obvious wet turd attitudes? You are oblivious to seeing the obvious?
    Yes, there is a vast difference between a crappy year and being disgruntled. This starting RB had a crappy game and got benched. It says nothing about his team attitude. Tomlin had gotten better performance out of him in the past when he benched him and brought him back, so that wasn't without precedent.

You still haven't shown your evidence that RM or MW were saying bad things about the coaching or organization to their team mates.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's too bad things didn't work out for us with Mendy and Wallace. Wallace wanted more than the Steelers were willing to pay, while Mendy had injuries that set him back.
    I think both these guys will help another team and play well, no matter if you like them or not, they have talent and talent costs money that some team will be willing to pay for.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    It's too bad things didn't work out for us with Mendy and Wallace. Wallace wanted more than the Steelers were willing to pay, while Mendy had injuries that set him back.
    I think both these guys will help another team and play well, no matter if you like them or not, they have talent and talent costs money that some team will be willing to pay for.
    Yes, both will be on someone's roster, but BOTH screwed up big time in terms of how large a contract they will NOW get coming off a season where they were "down" with poor attitudes. Talent yes, but bad tudes bring their value down, without question.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, there is a vast difference between a crappy year and being disgruntled. This starting RB had a crappy game and got benched. It says nothing about his team attitude. Tomlin had gotten better performance out of him in the past when he benched him and brought him back, so that wasn't without precedent.

You still haven't shown your evidence that RM or MW were saying bad things about the coaching or organization to their team mates.
    This isn't a court of law; the obvious writing on the wall is good enough to realize what the truth is.