Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Maurkice Pouncey could move to guard

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    They were talking about this today on Sirius NFL radio.
    Legursky was saying he was much better playing center.
    They mentioned his short arms as a reason hes more suited for center.

On the other hand, wouldnt it make more sense if Colon can play, to put him back at RT, leave Ramon at RG with Pouncey at LG?
    If Colon can play, then they will just leave Pouncey at center. I still think the smartest replacement plan for Adams at this point would be to slide Foster to RT and insert DeCastro at RG. Keep guys like Beachum and Malecki solely as "in case of emergency" options.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If Colon can play, then they will just leave Pouncey at center. I still think the smartest replacement plan for Adams at this point would be to slide Foster to RT and insert DeCastro at RG. Keep guys like Beachum and Malecki solely as "in case of emergency" options.
    Agree completely. I hope this is a smoke screen and that we'll see DD and Foster starting.

As for the Legs/Pouncey switch, having seen Ngata absolutely own Legursky previously, I get it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes to this. Moving Pouncey to LG with a couple days of practice is not the recipe for success.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Moving pouncey to guard would be retarded.

This has to be the most intelligent comment I've read on this site in months.

Starter

User Info Menu

If we move Maurkice to guard, it prepares the way for Adams, Pouncey, Pouncey, DeCastro, Foster or someone else in a couple years. By then we could be free of Deebo, Hampton, Ike, Foote, Colon, and a couple other contracts to pay for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    If we move Maurkice to guard, it prepares the way for Adams, Pouncey, Pouncey, DeCastro, Foster or someone else in a couple years. By then we could be free of Deebo, Hampton, Ike, Foote, Colon, and a couple other contracts to pay for him.
    Dream on......more likely to see Pouncey times two in Miami if a twin reunion is desired ....Florida is home

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

We also just added Jake Long's little brother Joe to our practice squad. If Joe pans out, we can use their brothers in an effort to poach both of the Dolphins best o-linemen. We could have a Long-Pouncey-Pouncey-DeCastro-Long o-line.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This has to be the most intelligent comment I've read on this site in months.
    It's accurate

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We also just added Jake Long's little brother Joe to our practice squad. If Joe pans out, we can use their brothers in an effort to poach both of the Dolphins best o-linemen. We could have a Long-Pouncey-Pouncey-DeCastro-Long o-line.
    that would present a serious cap problem. maybe we can get them CHEAP!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

With that O-line Ben could play till 50! If Joe can play.