Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WOW, its really starting to unravel

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's all rumor... He ain't going anywhere. Ben's agent just released a statement saying Ben is totally happy and wants to win more champiionships in the black & gold...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly!!!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    1) I HATE players in Ben's position, who seek to JUMP SHIP, when going gets tough. Back here in LA, Shaq/Kobe were on a tear, winning championships. Kobe helped force Shaq's ouster, and the Lakers predictably suffered. After a couple years there of disappointment, KOBE looked to jump ship. Nobody here ever mentions that; but I haven't forgotten. When the going got tough, he wanted to leave the situation he helped create!

Long story short, I am a Laker fan--but NOT a Kobe fan. In the same way, if this report is true and Ben does ask out, I will not hold him in regard any longer. We, as fans... we don't get to leave whenever we see fit. So why should guys who are paid ridiculously well, to love the team, be given carte blanche to up and leave anytime things get bad.
    Maybe you should focus your anger on ownership and management - they allowed this to happen. Why should Ben play for a team that doesn't respect him and wants to live in the 70's?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is 2013... The social media Twitter, and all the rest, is the culprit... Twitter is a waste of time. imo. Wish it would go away.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From BigBen7.com

"I'm unhappy with the offense when we don't produce and that's as much on me as anybody. As far as me wanting to go somewhere else or anything like that, I mean that is completely unacceptable, I don't know where that came from. It's one of the most BS stories I've ever heard of! I've always said I want to be a Steeler for life! I love it here, I'm happy here. I don't want to go anywhere. No one in my family, in our camp, agents, no one has ever said anything about that, so wherever this was made up from, it's totally false.

"This is ridiculous! I don't want to go anywhere, I love it here! This is family! This is where I want to be, and where I've always wanted to be. I don't want to play for anyone else..I'm a Pittsburgher. This is home. I'm so proud to raise my kids here. I want to finish my career here, however long that is. I don't want to play for anybody else. This is it for me!" -- Ben, to the media in reference to the rumor he wants to be traded because he is unhappy playing for the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Maybe you should focus your anger on ownership and management - they allowed this to happen. Why should Ben play for a team that doesn't respect him and wants to live in the 70's?
    Maybe Ben should learn how to protect the ball WAYYYYYYYYYYY better. A lot of maybe's......................................a lot
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Maybe Ben should learn how to protect the ball WAYYYYYYYYYYY better. A lot of maybe's......................................a lot
    Are you saying ownership and management have absolutely no blame in how bad this team is?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzTo7 View Post
    Are you saying ownership and management have absolutely no blame in how bad this team is?
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Colbert and company pick'em, its up to the players after that...Ben is responsible for Heath Miller's lack of success this year too.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Colbert and company pick'em, its up to the players after that...Ben is responsible for Heath Miller's lack of success this year too.
    Com'on man!

Rookie

User Info Menu

....or not.