Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Direct TV Nfl Ticket ????

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    There is a PC/tablet only version of Sunday ticket, but as I understand it, to qualify, Directv must not be available in your area. I would love to see an online only version of Sunday ticket, or see Sunday ticket avialable through other providers.
    I tried to get Direct TV but I have too many trees in my back yard and I'm not willing to cut them.

I'm wondering if I can get it through XBox 360 with Uverse.

As far as having it for 13 years or so and being mad newbies get it for free... the point of the free promo is to get new customers to change. What would be the point of giving it to long time customers for free? They should reduce it for loyal customers but I understand why cable and internet companies have promos like this.. it's all about getting you on the hook for 2 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I tried to get Direct TV but I have too many trees in my back yard and I'm not willing to cut them.

As far as having it for 13 years or so and being mad newbies get it for free... the point of the free promo is to get new customers to change. What would be the point of giving it to long time customers for free? They should reduce it for loyal customers but I understand why cable and internet companies have promos like this.. it's all about getting you on the hook for 2 years.
    If you get the new Madden, I believe there is a code for it. I was considering taking that approach at first but I ultimately just signed up for Directv.

Backup

User Info Menu

Well I do get what your saying. But I guress they ask them selves the question what can we do to get a new customer. Free NFL ticket. My question to them when I call will be what are you going to do to keep me as your customer. I probably pay them close to 1,600 hundred a year. do they want to give me a free NFL ticket which is worth probably 300 a year or lose that 1,600 hundred a year. I just hope they are willing to bargain.

Legend

User Info Menu

That I'm not sure of, but I know if you go with the xbox one, you can get the ticket. Of course, that won't help you this season...certainly not until mid way through.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    That I'm not sure of, but I know if you go with the xbox one, you can get the ticket. Of course, that won't help you this season...certainly not until mid way through.
    I am almost certain you can get it on your 360 or PS3 unless they eliminated it. It still costs around 150 bucks I believe but that's better than the 270 or so they charge otherwise. I used to have it but then I moved back to Pittsburgh. Now I'm back in Columbus and needed a solution like most of you. I bought Madden 25 on amazon for 100 bucks which included the tablet, pc, smartphone version of Sunday ticket. Pretty great deal honestly. I'm guessing it's still available unless it was preorder only. I'm an avid Madden gamer so it was a no brainer for me. You can also turn around and trade in this version of madden for the next gen version of madden on the xbox one or Ps4 for an extra 10 bucks. I believe both systems are doing that with all cross platform titles. (Cross platform as in on both the ps3 and ps4 etc)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I am almost certain you can get it on your 360 or PS3 unless they eliminated it. It still costs around 150 bucks I believe but that's better than the 270 or so they charge otherwise. I used to have it but then I moved back to Pittsburgh. Now I'm back in Columbus and needed a solution like most of you. I bought Madden 25 on amazon for 100 bucks which included the tablet, pc, smartphone version of Sunday ticket. Pretty great deal honestly. I'm guessing it's still available unless it was preorder only. I'm an avid Madden gamer so it was a no brainer for me. You can also turn around and trade in this version of madden for the next gen version of madden on the xbox one or Ps4 for an extra 10 bucks. I believe both systems are doing that with all cross platform titles. (Cross platform as in on both the ps3 and ps4 etc)

it's for preorders only as far as I know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Well I do get what your saying. But I guress they ask them selves the question what can we do to get a new customer. Free NFL ticket. My question to them when I call will be what are you going to do to keep me as your customer. I probably pay them close to 1,600 hundred a year. do they want to give me a free NFL ticket which is worth probably 300 a year or lose that 1,600 hundred a year. I just hope they are willing to bargain.
    I feel your pain...I'm going through a similar problem with Uverse.. I pretty much squeezed all I can from them and the only thing I can do now is pay full price or move to another provider and start the courting over again.

I think DirectTV is willing to take the chance that you will stay since you have been with them for so long. They may reduce it some but after 13 years they can replace your 1600 with 2 new customers who jump on the free ticket deal.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I got the NFL Sunday Ticket Max for $225. That gives you all the games in HD, Redzone Channel, Shortcuts (see a game in like 45 minutes), and being able to watch on your computer or a mobile device. That package is normally $300. What they really do is give you the Sunday Ticket for $225 (the regular price) and throw in the Max part for free. I love Redzone and sometimes I have to work on the weekends so I watch the games on a my phone. That's why the Max part appeals to me.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I got it free again this year, but it had a lot to do with being with direct tv for 12 years with 10 years of ticket. I had a ton of credit built up. They also gave me a lot of discounts on my bill plus some home cinema kit that I didn't even need, but is actually pretty useful. I went with the sympathy ploy over the angry customer bit.

I really cleaned their clock this time. Just have to get the right person on the other end in the retention dept.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Has anyone had any luck this year talking them down on there price and or getting it free. I have had some luck in the past but they were pretty stubborn last year. I have had it for 13 years and yet they are giving to the newbies for free but trying to hit me for full price. Just curious to what angle some may have tried or used this year.
    Yeah, I hate that too. I'm going to call, with the intent of cancelling this year. I just don't really use it as often as I would have to, to justify it in my mind. Half of the time, the Steelers are on regular channel anyway. The other times that they aren't (i.e. maybe 5 games), I go to a bar.

If I threaten to cancel and they offer me some sort of deal though, I may reconsider.