Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jaws QB Countdown: Big Ben ranked No. 6

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm ok with Ben being #6. I'd still rather have him in just about any situation. He's bigger, tougher, keeps plays alive longer, has a strong arm and can make a play out of any situation because of it.

The only guy that should feel disrespected on this list is Tom Brady. I like that they didn't put him at #1. But at the same time, he really deserves to be there until Ben wins 2 more SuperBowls.

Brady was a very Eli-level quarterback when he was winning Super Bowls. He has since become a stat machine and lost a couple Super Bowls.

That, to me, suggests that the Patriots winning wasn't because of how great Tom Brady is. I wonder what else it could have been?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Brady was a very Eli-level quarterback when he was winning Super Bowls. He has since become a stat machine and lost a couple Super Bowls.

That, to me, suggests that the Patriots winning wasn't because of how great Tom Brady is. I wonder what else it could have been?
    One has to wonder if it is the system with the Pats... Tom Brady is damn good but it seems like once he is hit he is easily rattled. This is one area where I think Eli and Ben have surpassed Brady.

Whether people want to admit it or not I've seen Eli and Ben take some huge hits and get right back up and throw a game changing pass. Brady has been pretty shaky in close games too... great stats but his game hasn't impressed me lately and part of it is because he is throwing to guys who IMO are sub par talents but the execution and X's and O's are head and shoulders above other teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    "Elite", "Great", "Amazing", "Supersonic", "Super Confident Bob" - Whatever. Glad to have Ben over all of them. Or most any of them instead of Ben, and without BA.

It's interesting to see that Phillip Rivers is no longer in this discussion.

Rivers is no Super Confident Bob.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Rivers is no Super Confident Bob.

He is, however, an Overly-Cocky Rick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post

I am not fan of the Pats but I think people need to accept the Pats are a great team. Anyone that believes the Pats were winning because of spy gate hasn't paid attention or probably has an anti Pats agenda. The Pats went on a historic run in 2007. They continued to win a lot of games post spy gate. The Pats had opportunities to win the SB's they loss. Sure handed Asante Samuel dropped a game sealing INT. Sure handed Welker dropped a key pass that he usually catches.

Brady's role grew as his ability to carry the team grew. For whatever reasons, the Pats haven't been able to build great defenses like they had with a young Brady. So now, the Pats rely on Brady's ability to carry the team. The Pats won a lot of games with different coaches and philosophies. The two constants are BB and Brady. We will see how well BB thrives when Brady retires. I have a feeling the Pats won't be as good without a great QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Pats will be good without Brady... they were good with Bledsoe...

Spygate wasn't about the Pats offense... Spygate was all about putting old, average defenders in a position to stop superior talent on offense.

After Spygate the Pats doubled down on beating teams into submission with short passes since they couldn't rely on their D to stop teams. I'm not knocking Brady or blBillicheat but a lot of their success is psychological. They put up 55 points on scrub teams and it puts fear in their next opponent.

But if you attack the Pats early or just change your game plan a little from what you normally do and you can have success against them

Brady is a good QB but if Ben put our FG kicker in a position to win some rings and put up crash stats well after the game is in hand he would be ranked 25th. LOL.

I know Brady is really good.. and I'm a hater... but I truly believe Brady played for the Bears or Steelers he wouldn't be praised. like this..being drafted in the 6th helps his legacy. I do love his passion and leadership and probably respect it more than his ability to throw the rock.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The only guy that should feel disrespected on this list is Tom Brady. I like that they didn't put him at #1. But at the same time, he really deserves to be there until Ben wins 2 more SuperBowls.
    If Ben wins ONE more SB his record will be 3-1 in the big game. Brady is 3-2 right now.

Further, even if you go simply by current winning percentage, 2-1 (.667) is already better than 3-2 (.600).

Brady gets too much credit when you consider that he knew the defensive calls.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Brady is a good QB but if Ben put our FG kicker in a position to win some rings
    Unlike Vinatieri, Suisham would shank 'em.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Hmm...did i say Aaron is not an elite QB?? All i am saying is i would put Ben ahead of A-Rod. Either put both of them in elite group or don't put anyone in there.

By your logic Stafford is elite in your book? He also threw for 5000 yards last season.
    Well, you did say it was "a big joke" that he was rated ahead of Ben. And in my book, stafford isn't elite. He has zero playoffs wins (where Rodgers has a super bowl), and Rodgers has done it over a good many years now.

I'm a pretty big believer in Ben. I wouldn't trade him for anybody... That being said, I have no issue with Rodgers rated higher than him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Well, you did say it was "a big joke" that he was rated ahead of Ben. And in my book, stafford isn't elite. He has zero playoffs wins (where Rodgers has a super bowl), and Rodgers has done it over a good many years now.

I'm a pretty big believer in Ben. I wouldn't trade him for anybody... That being said, I have no issue with Rodgers rated higher than him.
    I still believe putting Aaron Rodgers as No. 1 and saying Ben is on the cusp of elite is ridiculous. Aaron Rodgers playoff record is what 4-2? He is playing in NFL for 4 years now. He had a great run in playoffs for one season only. He sat behind HOF QB for 3 years and got to learn the position behind a great player. Putting A-Rod below Big ben does not make Rodgers non-elite.

By the time Rodgers ends his career he maybe the best QB, NFL has seen. He has a potential to easily surpass Dan Marino but for now i will rate him behind Ben.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT