Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I envy Seattle

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I envy Seattle

Before you tell me to go route for them and quit being a Steeler fan (no idea why people think that is appropriate), let me explain. I don't want to switch places as a franchise; I don't like their uniforms better, etc. But I envy them for the following.

1.) A stadium designed the right way. 3 Rivers stadium was superior to HF in that it was much louder. The open side of HF let's all that noise escape. 3 Rivers was a much more difficult for visiting teams to play, and Seattle's stadium is done right, with the crowd virtually on top of the field. The majority of the crowd is close to the field, allowing it to be the loudest outdoor stadium in the NFL. And that sure helps. Seattle sacked Rogers 8 times in ONE HALF. And the crowd was part of that outcome, as players can't hear the snap count and are a tick slow to react when the ball is snapped.

2.) Seahawks young, hard-hitting secondary. Dear word, do they have a bunch of good DBs. Why does it seem we are always trying to find good CBs, but other than Ike (who is bordering on average these days) we can't seem to find good CBs. Seattle has a boat load. And they all hit.

3.) They get pressure from just their front four. What a luxury. If you get to the QB with just rushing 4, man does that make playing defense easier. It's frustrating seeing Pgh not being able to get any pressure on QBs even with blitzing. What is wrong with them?

4.) They are a young team with talent. Being just young, but crappy isn't anything to holler about, but they are young and talented. It's kind of depressing when your best players are constantly getting hurt because they are getting old. And the players that are behind them don't seem to be anything special.

5.) They have a real enthusiasm with the players. Yea, I could be overreacting from our upset loss, but Pgh just seems like they are more bummed out than enthused. We have the images of Troy on the sidelines wearing a T shirt, a frustrated DL not getting it done, CBs who can't play, OL that is failing. The team just doesn't feel like it has enthusiasm. I don't see it.

No, I don't want to trade franchises. No I don't want to trade our 6 rings for their current team. But I do envy some aspects about that team right now. Kind of reminds me of the early Cowher years, where Pgh took the league by storm after a losing season before hand. I remember his first game, beating the favored Houston Oilers - that was a young, enthusiastic bunch. Old guys wearing down just isn't fun.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't.

Since 2008, their overall record is 25 wins and 42 losses. The playoffs one year at 7-9 and managed to win a game before losing in the divisional playoffs.

While they are 2-1 right now, I reserve the right to review their entire season before I decide to envy them...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The only point I agree with is the comments about Heinz. The only thing special about our field is the play of the team itself. The facility on it's own is bland, below average and don't get me started on the grass.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I get what the OP is saying... I don't think he wants the record or the history of these teams but Seattle, AZ and a few other teams are young, fast and fun to watch. I'm seeing blitzes from all sides... high energy defenses... and guys who look like they are having fun.

We used to be like these teams but now all of our stars are old, the new guys look like they are still trying to figure out the playbook and our players look stale IMO. Where is the energy? Where is the pep in their step?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't.

Since 2008, their overall record is 25 wins and 42 losses. The playoffs one year at 7-9 and managed to win a game before losing in the divisional playoffs.

While they are 2-1 right now, I reserve the right to review their entire season before I decide to envy them...
    I don't envy their past at all. But I do envy the direction they are headed. I think Carol is building something significant there and that rookie QB looks good for a rookie. He is only going to get better. And they are so young that their future looks bright.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I get what the OP is saying... I don't think he wants the record or the history of these teams but Seattle, AZ and a few other teams are young, fast and fun to watch. I'm seeing blitzes from all sides... high energy defenses... and guys who look like they are having fun.

We used to be like these teams but now all of our stars are old, the new guys look like they are still trying to figure out the playbook and our players look stale IMO. Where is the energy? Where is the pep in their step?
    That's exactly what I am saying. I wouldn't trade our total history with ANY team in the NFL, not even close. But seeing that young team full of zest, and a stadium that creates a huge home field advantage (as opposed to our "scenic" stadium that allows the noise to escape) are things that I envy. Seeing Troy walk around all game in civies, and seeing no pressure on the QB, just isn't a fun image. Seeing the Raiders just march down the field with such ease was depressing. All that said, I think this loss could be a motivator, with them having 2 full weeks to think about it. But I still fear the Eagles game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    The only point I agree with is the comments about Heinz. The only thing special about our field is the play of the team itself. The facility on it's own is bland, below average and don't get me started on the grass.
    So you don't think Seattle has a rock solid, young core of DBs and a front 4 that puts pressure on without needing blitzes? OK. I'd trade for their backfield in a second. They are all fast, athletic and will bust you in the mouth.

I actually like HF, just fine, except for the open end design and crap field. At 3 Rivers, the crowd could make a huge difference. At HF, not so much. I used to _feel_ the crowd noise through my BODY at 3 Rivers. I don't get that at all at HF. Oh whoopity do; you can view the city skyline from inside HF. F that, Rooneys. I'd rather have a stadium built to help _WIN_, I don't need to view the city when I'm at a Steelers' game. That was a pretty huge mistake. Oh, wait, I can view the city during the game. Who gives an F?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I rarely watch ESPN and I certainly don't follow the Seahawks often, but tuning in last night I can see what droid is saying about the stadium. That place had some energy.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I rarely watch ESPN and I certainly don't follow the Seahawks often, but tuning in last night I can see what droid is saying about the stadium. That place had some energy.
    It's built so the crowd is virtually on top of the players. It's like straight up. I took the Hawks to cover the spread, and, since they won, obviously they did. I liked Seattle to win straight up, but it took insanity for that to happen, as it turned out.

Legend

User Info Menu

What is it about Pacific Northwest football teams and ridiculous uniforms? It's as if Nike threw up the Oregon Ducks unis and then crapped out the Seattle Seahawks unis.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.