Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What exactly did we do differently on D in the 2nd half?

Legend

User Info Menu

What exactly did we do differently on D in the 2nd half?

Was it adjustments (hats off D!ck, wasn't sure you had it in you)?

Or did our players just play better?
    - Which ones - D line, or deep coverage?

Just wondering!

4-6 ... not great ... but winning now ... so, from an old Mets fan ... "You Gotta Believe"!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosteelerfan View Post
    was it adjustments (hats off d!ck, wasn't sure you had it in you)?

Or did our players just play better?
    - which ones - d line, or deep coverage?

Just wondering!

4-6 ... Not great ... But winning now ... So, from an old mets fan ... "you gotta believe"!

Here we go steelers!!!!
    here we go!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Really good question. Both coverage and pressure were good in the 2nd half. Not sure what they did, but I doulbt it came out of senility but rather from the wisdom of age and experience.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kudos to the entire defense for stepping up when it needed to...don't care if they get torched every game as long we get a win.

BTW - Good game for Ziggy playing in place of Keisel, especially with a huge sack at the end.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Really good question. Both coverage and pressure were good in the 2nd half. Not sure what they did, but I doulbt it came out of senility but rather from the wisdom of age and experience.
    But the naysayers will say 'even a broken clock is .....' .... oh forget...people will continue to see what they want to see.

Legend

User Info Menu

We didnt Ike on an island? Not sure what we did but we did it well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We didnt Ike on an island? Not sure what we did but we did it well.
    Actually, that's a big part of it. Tunch & Wolf went over it on steelers.com. Then, Dungy and Harrison went over it on NBC as well. A lot of it was about taking Megatron away by giving Ike a little help.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Defense never gave up after that 27 point 2nd qrtr. Which was good to see. A nice pick by Wil Allen and a nice strip on a potential long reception in the 4th by Willie Gay. That has to be good for the defense's confidence after that 1st half.

Legend

User Info Menu

We brought more pressure and the safeties stayed home in coverage to help prevent some big plays. I think the problems in the first half were more execution than the scheme. Detroit also seemed to have a lot of drops in the 2nd half.

I was pretty impressed by Stafford even in their loss. He played pretty well in those conditions.

Backup

User Info Menu

We played Will Allen in place of Ryan Clark a lot more? I'm not sure if this happened, but it sure seemed like Will was back there in the second half putting in work that Clark "should have" in the first half. will have to go back and watch the game again to see if this is true.