Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling my shot right now: Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I like the thinking behind the pick, as Rhodes has game-changing ability (as opposed to say a Trufant, who at best is a solid Deshea Townsend type). I wouldn't say I hate it, but I do agree with Oviedo that it doesn't make sense within our scheme(s). Even in the Tampa-2 scheme that we fans incessantly predict Tomlin will switch to, we don't need overbearing corners like Rhodes. Both schemes simply require guys who can play strong zone defense. Even though I would be intrigued if he were available, I don't see the fit.
    I agree it doesn't fit our system, but with the evolving offenses, you can barely get to a QB anymore. So the best bet may be to ruin a WR's route to make the QB hold the ball a second longer. As the game evolves it may be the only way to consistently get to a QB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

wouldn't hate it, wouldn't love it. Can definitely understand the logic behind it.

I don't know that at his size, he could play some safety in sub packages if we needed him to.

I think he represents better value than the chosen one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Calling it right now. We're selecting Xavier Rhodes at 1.17.

I am leaving my picks from January in my sig because I want to see how close it actually is instead of doing a mock every month this year.

Rhodes ticks a lot of boxes. Age is right, size/measurables are right. Level of competition is right. Future need...

The trade of Revis to Tampa Bay might have actually made Rhodes at #17 a strong possibility.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Vacarro is the pick.... Two aging safety , the Steelers don't draft for now but the future. Then we will go WR heavy and sprinkle in a RB.
    1)Vacarro
    2-4 WR RB WR
    put in writing. And then CB.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Vacarro is the pick.... Two aging safety , the Steelers don't draft for now but the future. Then we will go WR heavy and sprinkle in a RB.
    1)Vacarro
    2-4 WR RB WR
    Vacarro's brushes with the law might be concerning. And depth at Safety in this draft class might allow the Steelers to pick one a little later but still get a quality player.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    1)Vacarro
    2-4 WR RB WR
    Better get an inside linebacker early on..

Legend

User Info Menu

You got me thinking about surprise picks. If the Steelers really want to surprise the pundits, I think they might go Justin Hunter.

I've heard some say he'll go in the 2nd, but he's got as much upside as any potential 1st rounder. What if we landed him and Ertz. Once Heath's healthy, we should be able to create match up nightmares in the RedZone with Hunter, Ertz, Heath, and Plax. Who could cover all that?

Hunter's a heck of an athlete, but I haven't seen anyone listing him this high.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    wouldn't hate it, wouldn't love it. Can definitely understand the logic behind it.

I don't know that at his size, he could play some safety in sub packages if we needed him to.

I think he represents better value than the chosen one.
    Are we agreeing again?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You got me thinking about surprise picks. If the Steelers really want to surprise the pundits, I think they might go Justin Hunter.

I've heard some say he'll go in the 2nd, but he's got as much upside as any potential 1st rounder. What if we landed him and Ertz. Once Heath's healthy, we should be able to create match up nightmares in the RedZone with Hunter, Ertz, Heath, and Plax. Who could cover all that?

Hunter's a heck of an athlete, but I haven't seen anyone listing him this high.
    Hunter is a no no in my book. The guy has terrible character and was notorious in Knoxville.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Hunter is a no no in my book. The guy has terrible character and was notorious in Knoxville.
    can you provide any examples? I don't believe this at all and I live in knoxville.

hunter has always been a classy kid from everything I have heard.

please back this up, I would like to hear it.